Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: issue since this weekends builds

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Below is an issue I starting having since the update to VDJ8 this past Friday and continued on Sunday when another update came along. Please let me know how to resolve:

I have been runing an I3 windows 8.1 laptop with VDJ8 latest version, a DENON DN-X600 mixer, CDJ800s with timecode and a DDJ-SP1 without ANY issues. this past weekend, I received an update to VDJ and installed it. Went to a GIG and at random times, I would be playing a song and press the other CDJ to pre-listen to the song in headphones and the playing sound would have the audio freeze and stutter and the entire program would freeze requiring a force quit. I then force quit and restart the program and it works for a while and then at a random time, this happens again. I did receive another VDJ update this past sunday and installed it figuring it may solve the issue, but it didnt. What would be causing this? I dont get it. Everything was working great since may with this setup and now all of a sudden this is happening. Any ideas on how to fix? All drivers and firmware are up to date and this SAME configuration has been working 100% perfect since the end of May and up until this past weekend. Nothing has changed other then an update on friday and then again Sunday. There were some updates since May and they have worked fine too. It appears there is something wrong with the latest builds...

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 8:44 am
djqwikcut wrote :
I received an update to VDJ and installed it. Went to a GIG

Well there's where you're going wrong! You shouldn't be gigging straight after an update. Gig with what you've tested for at least a few hours.

This is why software companies always advise testing betas on non critical computers - not ones you rely on.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 9:04 am
I did test at home and it worked. its a very random thing as it will work for hours and then start again having the issue. The update on Sunday, I didn't even know was happening. I just turned on the laptop at a gig and it asked me to update. I figured that this must be a fix to this issue so I updated.. Same issue...

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 9:23 am
and BTW - the first update was FRIDAY. My GIG was Saturday so I tested Friday night...

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 9:24 am
Is this a venue you work at regularly? When you say it was working fine before the updates, was that at the same venue?

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 9:45 am
I am mostly a mobile DJ so I am all over.. What I mean is that I installed the Denon Dn-X600 at the beginning of May. it has been working FINE with VDJ8 and the latest updates until a few weeks ago when I started getting random audio freezes. The only way to fix is to edit VDJ8 and restart it. once in a while I also need to power cycle the mixer. If I switch to VDJ7, there are NO issues and I can finish the gig fine.

Any ideas?

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 8:25 am
i had same prob till i got newest update yesterday i djed for 2 hours with no issue and its not locking up like it was sounds like a memory leak in last update

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 10:55 am
What is your build number?

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 10:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)