Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 freezes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Autoplaylist was running to play backgroundmusic. Than I want to add a track from the browser to the autoplaylist using the mouse. VDJ get freezed first time. After restarting VDJ 8 I used the autoplaylist again. Some time later (maybe 30 min) I used Search and want to add one song to the sidelist for later use. When dragging the song with the mouse to the playlist again VDJ 8 frezzed.
Both time the screen gets transparent-grayed with VDJ in the background (like to much brightness-setting) no action in VDJ was possible. The last played song was played to the end and the next from the playlist (last song in the playlist) too. When pressing ESC I got two options: One was closing the programm. Second option: wait for the programm.
I waited some minutes, but VDJ couldn't revover. So I had to choose "close" the programm.

This freezing is not everytime when I'm adding a song to the playlist. But two times an evening is to much for me.

I´m using a Sony Vaio (Intel Centrino 2, 2 x 2,4 GHz, 4 GB RAM) with new internal solid state drive. Two partitions, one for Windows 7 pro 64bit and the second partition for data/music. All updates have been done, drivers are installed, W-Lan and Bluetooth off. Controller is a Numark DMC 2, Soundcard NI Audio 8 and external mixer. Virtual DJ 8.0 BUILD 2345.
After second freeze I switched back to VDJ 7. Unfortunately not with the latest songs.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 8:19 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm wondering if it is really the last build, because I had the same happening multiple times yesterday.
I was just using mouse + keyboard to prelisten and sort some songs.
Most of the time when the freeze occured I was unloading Deck B and switching to Deck A with the TAB key.

I'm also wondering if it is skin related in some way.
I have the feeling that it was more likely to happen while using a custom skin

A second thought was, because I was unloading a deck, that it is the Milkdrop plugin that is causing the freezing.
Because after VDJ recovered it self, and it does recover, you just have to wait, the audioOnly visual started for the Deck.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 9:02 am
I'm using the VDJ 8 skin.
The program didn't recover while waiting more than 5 minutes.
No milkdrop plugin. I#m using VDJ only for audio.

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 8:38 am
I get the same issue. Playlist works fine and after awhile virtually freeze. I am using the custom mc6000mk2 skin but I believe it happened to me on default skin as well.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 11:44 pm
fbqusebControlleristMember since 2013
Bonjour,
je ne sais plus quoi faire j'ai installé la version qui prend en charge mon numark nv, du coup a l'affichage celui freeze aprés une minute un bon point le logiciel reconnait mon controlleur, j'ai pensé que parceque la version demo c'etait voulu, du coup j'ai acheté la version à 149€ mais rien ne marche quand meme......et d'ailleurs je ne sais même pas si la transacttion a été valider jusqu'au bout car le logiciel ne se debride pas. De plus il me dit qu'il n'arrive pas à me loguer! bizare car ma cooection internet est plus correcte.
que dois-je faire je rame rame mais ne vois pas la solution.
merci de me venir en aide s'il vous plait!

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 3:41 pm
Hello, when I right click " Recurse " on the 'Music' folder VDJ 8 starts 'browsing' next to the search box then after a eight or nine seconds VDJ 8 freezes then immediately shuts down then restarts but it reverts back to where it was before I right clicked " Recurse" on the Music folder.

It's happened once in the middle of a DJ gig too.

Posted Sat 05 Sep 15 @ 11:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)