Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Tracks Slowing Down on Start (Occasionally)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using VDJ8 with Two Denon 3900s & x1600 mixer, and Windows 8 computer with plenty of horsepower. I use the x1600 as the sound card. I don't know if the issue I'm experiencing is unique to my setup, but there it is.

I occasionally have an issue where the song that I start playing slows down drastically, as if it's trying to auto-align it with the beat of the song playing on the other deck. I have turned off/disabled every setting I can find that pertains to auto bpm matching. When it does it, I can basically fight with it by trying to increase the speed as it's trying to slow it down. After a 3-5 seconds of this nonsense, it stops. It never speeds up a track, it will only slows them. I think that it is doing it less frequently with later builds of the software, but it still does it a handful of times throughout a 5 hour event. It just always seems to work out that it does it when I'm down to the wire on picking out my next song, and I'm in a yank to beat match the songs.

So hopefully this is addressed. I'm happy to provide any other info if needed. Thanks.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 8:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)