Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with Pioneer DDJ-Wego2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought a new Pioneer DDJ-Wego2 controller, and it seemed to work fine out of the box. However as I started to do some VDJscripting for custom functionality, I noticed what I think is a bug. When the jog-wheel is moved, often the pitch slider gets triggered. It also gets triggered sometimes when I press the Play button while cross-fading from one deck to another. This would not be a problem for normal default operation, but I've set my pitch slider to point to song position for pre-listen. This means that every time the pitch slider gets unintentionally triggered, the prelisten starts playing in my headphones! Very irritating! Can one of the VDJ tech guys step in and figure out if this is a problem with my controller hardware, or a problem with mapping the controller to VDJ? Help !!

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 2:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you get the same results if the "factory default" mapping (Settings-->CONTROLLERS tab) is used for the WeGO ?

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 6:08 pm
Also it would be nice to let us know which BUILD you use...

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 3:19 am
Thank you for your time and quick responses, folks :)

@djdad : i just checked, and setting the mapping to 'factory default' still gives the same errors. Ofcourse, now the pre-listen audio doesn't start in my headphones as earlier, but in the Controllers ----> 'Key Learn' field, i can still see PITCH getting triggered when I try the jog wheel or play and crossfader together, as described earlier.

@PhantomDeejay : I am using <version 8.0.0 pc build 2338.1018>

Is it a problem with my particular piece of hardware?
I found this notice by Pioneer regarding a known hardware bug : http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/DJ/Important+Notice+Regarding+DDJ-WeGO2
However my unit does not fall within the serial number range specified as having the bug.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I am almost certain that its a hardware issue. I would advise you to contact with Pioneer or a local Service point.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 8:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)