Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Jog wheel occasionally controlling song

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

simo923ControlleristMember since 2015
Evening guys.

I'm running VirtualDJ 8 with my Vestax SPIN midi controller. Generally it works great but the past couple of times i can be mixing away, jog wheels working perfectly fine when all of a sudden, the jog wheels on the Vestax Spin stop controlling the VirtualDJ decks and start scrolling the song list up and down.

To stop it, I typically have to stop VirtualDJ and start again.

Am I accidentally turning on a function or could this be a bug?

Thanks

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 3:32 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Please check if you changed something on the default mapping by mistake.
If a vestax custom mapping appears on the controller tab , please try to set it to factory default and try again.
Please also assure that you do not use aV7 Mapping of a previous V7 installation.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 6:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok i can see there is an issue with the UP/DOWN buttons. We will fix this and let u know about the fix.

EDIT. fix is available in builds ending at .1018 (and higher)

FYI. Both Jogwheels will be set to Browser Scroll mode if any of the UP, DOWN and PFL buttons are pressed (we have not changed this behavior) , but now they will be normally set back to Scratch/Bend mode when these buttons are released.
There was a bug in the UP/DOWN buttons that could leave the Jogwheels to Browser mode even if those were released, but as above, it has been fixed.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 7:11 am
I'm using Mac version 2348.1075 and am still having the jog wheel scrolling issue. It comes on out of no where...

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 1:48 am
Using a Hercules Console 4-Mix

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 1:48 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
2348 is a very old build. please update to the latest version.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 11:44 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
videomixr wrote :
I'm using Mac version 2348.1075 and am still having the jog wheel scrolling issue. It comes on out of no where...

Make sure you are using the default factory mapping files. In case you are using some custom one, see how the UP and DOWN buttons are mapped in the default one.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 12:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)