Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Editor Makes VDJ8 Close And Restart

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i really don't know if this is the right place to post this but i have asked about this and still waiting for an answer. Video editor after using it a little bit makes vdj8 crash and restart (You should have my crash reports) Is there ever gonna be a fix on this? It is really an awesome feature for video djs that wanna edit a video on a remix song on the fly.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 3:01 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
what Build version do you use ?
OS and Hardware Specs also please.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 5:45 am
Hi, i am using always latest builds. Today i updated to this -> Beta 2345.1017. My Pc Specs: Windows 7 64-bit Sony Vaio i7 2,2 Ghz 8GB RAM 2GB Nvidia 540M Not using any external hard drives. Pc Is very clean and up to date. The video editor makes vdj crash and restart with or without the controller (Denon mk2 mc6000). I have Pro Infinity and the laptop is almost always connected to the internet...I've tried and checked everything to see where the problem is. Today i installed Tune Utilities to turn off any animations from windows and will test it out again with the latest beta build.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 5:40 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
what type of Videofiles you are trying to edit ?

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 4:08 am
Also, you need to provide much more detail about exactly what video editing you were doing.

Say that you were "using it" doesn't really explain anything.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 12:36 pm
Ok Sure! Example: I have the original paid video clip of Micheal Jackson's billie jean in mp4. I also have a paid remix of that song in mp3 (256kbit). Now i am video editing the remix that i have by putting the original video on top of it. As i am trying to sync the video on the song through the video editors timeline Vdj8 suddenly closes and restarts. Don't no how much better i can explain it

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 10:11 pm
It doesn't happen all the time! I have overlayed a video on 49 songs! Songs meaning mp3 files! So all these mp3 files are video edited or video overlayed with the video editor on vdj8 latest build!So back to my original post: After using the video editor tool (and by using i mean it will take me a couple of minutes till i sync perfect the song with the video clip where i want it by using the video editors timeline) it will make vdj8 on latest build restart...sometimes even freeze! Yesterday i fixed 1 video(meaning i overlayed a video on a song by using the video editor tool) with no problems.But if i try to do maybe a second song it might make vdj8 with latest buil restart

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 10:17 pm
To be honest, I would be much more inclined to do editing of that level in a dedicated video editing software.

I'd suggest that the editor in VDJ is there more as an "added bonus" feature for small tweaks rather than for serious work.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 3:16 pm
yeah but it works perfect for what i need! I have canopus edius and i used to do montaz professionally! I could use edius or sony vegas or even windows movie maker but the video editor of vdj is perfect for what i need!!!I can edit a video on the fly! Under 1 minute!Why not make that bonus feature work 100%?

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 11:00 pm
Oh I agree. It would be better if it worked without issues.

I'm just saying you have to bear in mind that video editing is not the primary function of VDJ.

I'd love it if my mobile phone could take pictures as good as my pro DSLR, but it won't because it's a phone. Taking pictures is a secondary function. :-)

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 2:27 am
I agree but most of the times you still take photos with your phone! Videos that just show a bunch of people partying and there is no one singing in the video don't need pro job...I prefer to play a remix than the original so i place that video on the remix song! i dont need a pro program for that! But its scary that there is a tool that still makes vdj restart! Shouldn't we look more into to it?

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 1:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)