Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Down load to cache

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Saturday's gig was full of random requests for music from the 50's that I'd never heard of, amazingly content unlimited did have some of these songs.

I knew I had zero 3g/4g signal from my router as I was in the Highlands of Scotland, I gave it a shot and attempted to download one to cache(I know I should have pulled it over to the play list for prepping).

What seemed to happen after that was the download became the priority over the whole of vdj, and prevented any other operation until the download was complete. I couldn't even load a normal track onto a deck. The result was a shut down (which crashed vdj) and the obligatory egg on the face apolgy.

This is obviously a hard bug to recreate, like when analysing music. Can we have a way of ending a task before completion to avoid similar problems? I.e. when attempting to scan a collection of songs or download one to cache, can you have a way of stopping the process?

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 5:39 pm
You can right click on a downloading or waiting track to cancel download. However if your system has locked up then you probably wouldn't have been able to access this.

The problem is almost certainly related to the network issue.

That being said there are a couple of crash reports on the system. One is actually from the build released today. I can't see what they are for but the development guys will be able to and see what occurred.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 5:44 pm
Thanks D, under downloaded content I was getting no right click delete function, in the heat of the moment I might have missed it or wasn't available.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 6:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)