Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Omnitronic CMX-2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Guys,

im sitting here with the CMX-2000 and i'm wondering about the mapping that is shipped with VDJ8, it seems not to work correctly.
The browser button works only with FX, which it should not and the two load buttons seem to be mapped for the same function.

Anyone have working Mapping?

Greetings, Jan

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 6:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed, some Keys such as BROWSE and LOAD seem that still carry some deprecated version 7 actions. Will be fixed and let you know.

Btw, i have a question for you. As far as i can see from the mapping files, Booth Volume is assigned to control Video Transitions Parameter so my question is, how do you really control the Booth Output Volume if the same knob is adjusting a Video Transition action at the same time ? Or does the mixer offer some different mode on which you can choose to only get the MIDI functions and not the Audio controls ??

and one more question. The unit offers a built in audio interface and as far as i can see from the audio properties it requires an External audio configuration (with deck 1, deck 2 etc) . If this is the case, then i would expect most of the mixer parts to require what we call a "fake mixer"
So please do this...
remove some mixer actions e.g. from the Master Volume, Volume faders etc. Load a couple of files to the decks and see if these faders still alter the sound and the actions are not required. You will need to have speakers connected to the Master Output of the unit of course ;)

Thanks

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 10:51 am
Thanks for your fast reply

I can confirm that the booth volume knob is mapped to video transistion slider what is kinda weird. But i don't use any kind of video mixing - i've even never tried it.

The Mixer has a small switch on the front side to make nearly all knobs and sliders from the mixer section midi capable.
You can turn it on to mix inside VDJ (e.g. volume slider oder gain) or just turn it off to use the own audio routing from the mixer. So also the booth volume knob works only for the video transistion when "Mixer Midi" is on.

It seems that many of the knobs are full overloaded with functions, i just wrote now my own mapping to get the basic features working.

The Mixer can also handle DVS, this is what i'll try the next days.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 11:35 am
So when the switcher is on MIDI position, you still need an External Mixer audio configuration in the AUDIO tab of Settings and the Volume faders still need to be mapped as volume in order to get proper sound per deck ?

As for the simplified mapping, yes this is exactly what the new version 8 mapping will offer.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 12:23 pm
djdad wrote :
So when the switcher is on MIDI position, you still need an External Mixer audio configuration in the AUDIO tab of Settings and the Volume faders still need to be mapped as volume in order to get proper sound per deck ?

Yes, the audio routing settings are still in a external setting.

- Channel 1/2 - Deck 1
- Channel 3/4 - Deck 2

I can switch between Midi and normal audio routing on the mixer on the fly.
When the mixer section has turned on the midi signal, all essential knobs and faders (e.g. deck 1 volume, EQs, gain etc...) has to work like a normal analog mixer.

Okay, i just got your post while reading it for the 2nd time (sorry for my bad englisch):

When the the "Mixer Midi" setting is set to "on" all knobs "lose" their analogue behaviour but keep their actual value and can be used as MIDI input - even the master volume.
For Example it is possible to use the master volume knob for another feature.
But this makes no sense, when i switch back to "off" it reads the new value of the knob and so i could easily blow any speaker or pa.

This means that the internal audio routing of this mixer must be fully digital.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 12:50 am

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 12:25 pm
Wow - superb fast support, thanks!
I'm now on build 2338.1005, i had only time for a short test and it seems to work fine

I will remap some knobs to have additional access to the pitch fader.
Also i'm going to change the load function to have dedicated Browser button to navigate.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 1:40 am
The mappings works fine, also with timecode.
For my use i mapped some other features like timecode switch, pitch reset and the pitch itself.

So therefore it would be great if you could seperate the FX ON 1 and 2 buttons per deck. so we could have 2 more dedicated buttons (4 if you count the switch action too).
At the moment they FX ON 1 on the left and right side do exactly the same. Same for FX On 2 on left and right side.
As i saw in the VDJ 7 device xml file the buttons and led are not the same, so they could be mapped for different actions. It's quite simple to do but i can't change this in the VDJ8 because there is no device.xml to edit.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 3:58 am
We always define the keys with the same name on both sides and the assigned deck in the definition instead of the mapping file , so that you can assign them with the same action (without defining the deck) and no need to do this twice (one for each side)
If you need to assign a button to trigger a different action depending on the side,you need to map it like this..
device_side 'left' ? actioWhenTheLeftButtonIIsTrigered : ActionWhenTheRigthButtonIsTriggered
or
action_deck 1 ? actioWhenTheDeck1ButtonIIsTrigered : action_deck 2 ? ActionWhenTheDeck2ButtonIsTriggered : action_deck 3 ? actioWhenTheDeck3ButtonIIsTrigered : ActionWhenTheDeck4ButtonIsTriggered

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 10:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)