Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mc6000mk2 Mixer Settings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaygabsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey everyone, thank you in advance for help. I had a separate hardware mixer forever and I've finally given in to the all-in-one controller convenience factor. I'm pretty technically savvy, but I'm stuck on this. I want to set the mixer to be a hardware mixer (not control the internal mixer), however I'd like the auto-gain feature in the software to remain before the mixer. Basically the same as an external sound card plugged into a mixer with RCAs haha. I know it sounds odd but I use the gain controls (I guess it's a weird truth I developed) and the software gain is very touchy. I only use two channels, so from what I understand, this should be workable. I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious, but if someone could tell me how I need to setup my settings that would be awesome. Thanks again!

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 6:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 7:35 pm
jaygabsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok well that's disappointing, but at least I know the definitive answer. I do have a follow up question. I had disabled the auto gain feature to try and use the gains like a standard hardware mixer. Last night at a wedding, I figured I would re-enable the auto gain and try to break my habit of babysitting the gains, especially if it's done for me. However, when I changed it to auto+remember and exited settings, it didn't seem to work. I would load a song, it would move the gain while the song was loading and once it was loaded the gain would return to 0, but the volumes were all over the place. I tried multiple songs of differing volumes and the same result. I just went back to disabling auto gain and finished out the night that way. Any idea what might be wrong there?

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 9:20 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The gain will not get a "stable" value while loading, if never analyzed/played with version 8 before. So my suggestion is to batch-analyze your entire Music library.
As for the Gain setting, if you dont use the Gains as a "mixing tool" e.g. pushing the Gain up to a silent part or vice versa, then better have Auto+remember and only move the Gain slightly for minor adjustments (value will be remembered next time).
If you use the Gains frequently my suggestion is to set it to Auto and secure that all your tracks will load to zerodB value.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 10:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)