Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Played tracks not marked as "already played"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This just started this weekend, so guessing it is from the most recent build (I updated during the week)...

Tracks from my external hard drive would mark as played in the main browser window (as they normally do) but the already played icon would disappear as soon as I went to another search result. My external drive contains videos, so not sure if this issue was caused by the external drive, or the video files, but it was ongoing all night. There was no problem with the audio files on the local drive - they marked as played and stayed marked.

Nothing else on the system has changed since last week. PC, Win 8.1

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 12:27 pm
Sorry for the bump, but this problem went away for a couple of shows and then popped up again last night. This time on an internal drive playing audio files. It was just on random songs on the drive however, not on all songs. Not from a common folder either. Just random files from all over the drive not getting marked as played, while others were.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 3:01 pm
I had this issue a long time ago, where it would only mark deck 1 tracks, or every other track. I don't remember if I did something, or it went away by itself. Sorry, that's what happens when you get old.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 2:59 pm
Interesting... I hadn't noticed if it was just one side acting up. I'll try and keep an eye on that. Never realized how much I've come to use the "already played" feature till it started screwing up! lol

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 8:55 pm
I can't worry about that either. I have so many versions of tracks, and on different hard drives, it does not matter if they have a line through them. I just have to keep track myself. It's harder doing 8 hour shifts.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 9:34 pm
Update: Tracked down what I think is causing the problem.

I'm using an external mixer and have the crossfader disabled (both in software and hardware), but VDJ is still reading the midi data from the physical crossfader and moving the on screen crossfader (although nothing happens to to audio as it is disabled). The problem is that when the on screen crossfader is to one side, it behaves as if the volume is at 0 on the other side and therefore doesn't register the track as being played.

Note to the devs: On top of tracks not being marked as played during the show, I discovered last night that my history for the last two weeks is also missing large parts of shows due to this bug - making this a more serious issue than just the inconvenience the night of... My mixer is the X1600, so I can track this problem back to when the new mapping for the X1600 was pushed out recently.

Posted Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 11:33 am
I don't think that is it, but then again my computer skills are weak. My cross fader has always been disabled on software and controller.

Posted Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 9:57 pm
Mine has as well, but there was obviously a change in the way it handles the non-active crossfader's midi signal. As soon as I pushed it back to centre, the track that was playing that had not marked as played, marked itself, and the problem hasn't returned.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 12:45 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Would removing the mapping for the cross fader in a custome controller map help?
I also use an external mixer, but it has no midi. So, my cross fader stays in the middle and disabled.
Maybe the mapping will work around the issue for you.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:53 am
I'm having the same issue with the track not showing as played, and thus the history is not recorded for that track. I don't use the cross fader either. I have a VMS 4.1, and is seemed like it worked fine with Virtual 7, but ever since I went to 8 Pro, this issue has always been there... and all updates are done.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 7:00 pm
Same here....software faders were not up as I use a denon 6000 so the tracks were not showing as played.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 1:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)