Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke songs not populating (showing up) in search results

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If you are like me and recently discovered after switching from PC to MAC when you use your external hard drive with 100k zipped files they no longer show up and weird stuff starts happening. i.e. There are about 50 songs initially that show up but then after further drawing down some of the folders those initial songs also disappear. You then go to your actual folder on the hard drive and see that they are in fact still there. Pisses you off because the solution from virtual DJ is to no longer have zipped folders and organize them differently because it's "Apple's fault". That's what they basically blame it on. What a load of crap. They say it's because of their OS isn't able to read that many zipped files in one folder. That's their excuse. It works perfectly on a PC but not on a Mac. So by their accounts, it must be a mac problem. Yes you're right it is a mac problem, but it's also your problem to solve because you are the software developer that we have paid lots of money for this program to work. For something that is supposed to be industry standard, it's certainly becoming sub-par.

My solution I decided last minute to try some free software out of desperation and to my luck and amazement it worked perfectly. I used Kjams and their software had absolutely zero issues on my Mac. I ended up using the lite version and fortunately it was a backyard party where it wasn't the main feature but it worked and got me through the gig. In fact it only crashed once and was not even during a song, and even warned me that it needed to crash. Wow can you imagine that? A software that did exactly what I wanted it to do on the same computer, using the same hard drive with the same zipped files in the packed folders the same setup that Virtual DJ said won't work because it's a Mac. Not a happy customer when you pawn off your programming flaws on the platform.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 5:27 pm
u have posted this in the PC forum and i am a bit confused how a home user can complain about the cost of free software?

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 7:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)