Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJM-5000 mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Were can I get the mapping for a Pioneer DJM-5000 for vDJ 8?

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 5:11 pm
What I meant to ask was are there incompatabilities between VDJ versions with mappers?

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 5:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is custom definition+mapping for the DJM-5000 and version 7. Doesnt it work with version 8 ? Not detected at all - not present in CONTROLLERS tab ?

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 12:16 am
1 - the DJM 5000 (custom) is detected, though I messed something up and don't have a factory reset option.

2 - should I use the v7 version?

3 - I did not see the mapper file anywhere

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 6:13 am
I'm searching too for a DJM-5000 mapping. I'm running on VDJ 8.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 8:43 pm
Then why dont you reply to my questions above and send me the required data ? ;)

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 5:02 am
Hi I replied via PM - Sent the log file.

Correct Chan 1 has no output.

1/2 is chan 2
3/4 is chan 3
5/6 is chan 4

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 6:07 pm
Sent you some files to try.
Noticed that the unit is detected as 2 x units with different pid. Not sure what each one of them does...could be different for Midi In and different for Midi Out.
How many DJM-5000 do you see in Controllers tab of Settings ?

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 9:51 pm
Thanks!!

I do have 2 of these mixers, not sure if that is what the issues was.

Do I have the ability to setup the master output in the audio config on this board?

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 9:21 am
No, having 2 units should not be an issue, meaning that both should report the same VID/PID.

You should get a "special" button in the AUDIO tab which should offer a pre-defined audio configuration with Deck 1 and Deck 2 assigned to chanels 1,2 and 3.4 of the ASIO drivers.
If that is not the correct one (e.g. needs Channels 3,4 and 5,6 to be assigned), please provide a screenshot of the correct audio configuration.

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 9:34 am
I'm interested in using the master effect. And I need to assign the Master in audio config to "something" in order to do so, correct?

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 9:43 am
VirtualDJ Effects can be applied on Master, only if Master is available in the Audio configuration.
For mixers like the DJM 5000, i am afraid you will need to stick with the External Mixer setup (so no Master and no Effects on Master)
Your only chance is to ..
- Use a different sound card and not the built-in of the mixer.
- Have Master & Headphones audio configuration with that other sound card
- Delete the ONINIT actions from the DJM-5000 mapping, in order the fake mixer actions not be applied (the mixer will be used as a pure MIDI one).

However, keep in mind that with the above way, you will not be able to use any Hardware Effects, Microphones and other mixer hardware functions.

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 10:38 am
I take it this is due to a limitation with the way Pioneer designed the midi outs?

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 11:10 am
I noticed now that I'm using the 5000 this way the sound quality has deteriorated as it is very chrunchy. Zero Db set to -3 Any thoughts?

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 8:10 am
which "way" ?
A screenshot of your Audio configuration would help.

If you are using the Pioneer DJM-5000 ASIO, you can try to increase the latency from the Pioneer ASIO Utility (click on the ASIO button in the Audio setup of VirtualDJ) and of course optimize your computer for better performance. What was the audio configuration you were using before that ?

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 4:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)