Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Help! Rotation element goes wobbly....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Coding some platters and all looks really nice....until I switch view mode from fullscreen. When I cycle to the small view, or the one which shows the menu bar (PC) the rotation element of the platter goes all drunk on me :-( . On a positive note it restores properly switching back to fullscreen. The circle element seems unaffected.

Any ideas?

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 3:19 am
IF you're trying to create a stroboscope effect then you should know that the stroboscopic effect works only for a given screen refresh rate (for most monitors that would be 60Hz) and a given size... If you resize the graphics the stroboscopic effect gets lost

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 2:23 pm
No, it was just the background and elements being distorted on resizing or opening not in fullscreen. Not a major issue as I will be using it fullscreen anyway :)
It was just unexplainable. Interestingly, sometimes the screen drew itself properly in proportion....

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 7:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It doesnt matter if its on full screen or not. What it matters is the original dimensions that the object is drawn at. As you may notice, one pixel off can make the rotation getting really wobby. So that is exactly what happens when the skin gets resized. Some values get rounded so one pixel more or one pixel less could lead to what you get.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 7:12 pm
I was careful to produce a graphic that was totally square, but dont think the graphic was centered to the square created :-/ I will revisit it when I get the rest working :-)

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 7:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)