Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: New iRemote possible bugs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Date: Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 11:05 am
I'm sure you guys will be working on a few bugs in this:-
1) on EQ page - no channel volume only Gain... was this intentional?
2) No way to "Start" auto mix from remote ( once started from Laptop remote shows Mix-next button.
3) when playing one track the "Magic Wand" button seems to select a new track from the "SIDELIST" not the current play list - is this intentional???
4) sometimes when using the "Magic Wand" button the next track starts playing with the Tempo slider all the way to the fastest BPM???? even if Smart play or option to sync incoming is selected...???
5) at the folder level its not possible to go UP the folder tree - i.e. if your in "Playlists" you can't get to another major folder such as "music"

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 6:48 am
Are talking about the "phone" version because most of what your asking I can do or find on the iPad/Tablet app.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 6:56 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
To 5: Try swiping left or right on the folder view.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 8:49 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
dgmultimedia wrote :
1) on EQ page - no channel volume only Gain... was this intentional?

We will probably change this or offer both.

dgmultimedia wrote :
2) No way to "Start" auto mix from remote ( once started from Laptop remote shows Mix-next button.

Yes, that is correct. Keep in mind that we tried to provide a "minimal" skin for the Remote app trying to think what features you may need when stepping out of the booth. In this case, we think that either you ll have Automix enabled and then you ll just need to load a few tracks from the Browser,and keep the Automix going or mix the next track yourself. Enabling/disabling Automix will probably not something you ll miss in most cases

dgmultimedia wrote :
3) when playing one track the "Magic Wand" button seems to select a new track from the "SIDELIST" not the current play list - is this intentional???

It makes sense to me. Sidelist is used to put tracks that you ll need playing later. Automix (Playlist) is a List mainly used for the AUtomix function, so perhaps you ll have automix enabled and wont use the Magic button.
Anyways, at the moment, it prefers the Sidelist, if empty it uses the Automix list and if both are empty , it doesnt load any track, but i would prefer to use the current folder.

dgmultimedia wrote :
4) sometimes when using the "Magic Wand" button the next track starts playing with the Tempo slider all the way to the fastest BPM???? even if Smart play or option to sync incoming is selected...???

If you dont want this to happen, then you need to manually load a track and mix. Yes the "Magic" button automatically does all of these and bypasses these settings. It would be a "Magic" if it didnt do these ;)

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 2:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)