Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A few of issues on VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wiperrHome userMember since 2015
Hi everybody,

I'm not new to VDJ (though not a pro, but a bedroom DJ), and I've recently tried installing v8 to see how it compares to v7,
and I see lots of improvements, but I also have a couple of major issues, and I assume that these can be solved...

First one regards all knobs - they don't have the same behavior as previously (up and down),
and this one I can't seem to find in the options at all... I would like to use v8, but would very much
appreciate if this can be reverted to behavior as in v7.

The second one regards vertical volume faders for all channels - they tend to stick to the bottom,
and as soon as I bring them up entirely, they return to bottom again... They don't do that untill I bring them near to the top.

The third one regards the browser - is there any way to reduce the size of icons in the browser to those like in version 7?

Also, when using the VDJ 7 skin on v8 (which is what I am trying to do in general, to note), four tabs (browse, sampler, effects, record)
don't work - is this an issue in comptability between the skins, or I did something wrong?

Thanks upfront for all responses,
NS

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 11:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 Explain more there's not a lot to go on from what you've said

2 & 3 That is a symptom of using pirated versions of VDJ please DL from the links here (via cnet)

4 V7 pages like sampler, video, FX aren't part of V8 so said buttons don't do anything.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 11:45 am
#1 - Simply, the knob behaviour is different between v7 and v8.
In v7, you click, drag up or down, and the knob cuts or boosts.
In v8, it doesn't adhere to the same rule, but more like a circular (but hardly predictible) manner...
Still trying, but haven't figured this one out.

#2 and #3 - They might be pirated, but the friend I took them didn't have these couple issues (I think).

#4 - Thanks, I had no clue.

Regards,
NS

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 12:13 pm
I've just tried both VDJ 7 & 8. The circular knobs rotate whether I move my mouse up/down or left/right - same in both 7 and 8.

Maybe it's your dodgy illegal version causing that too?

Try this:
Uninstall the cracked version(s), clean out the registry and any other areas of your computer which may have been affected. Install the free Home version of VDJ 8 and try again.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 1:41 pm
#1 Might again be a symptom of a pirated build, it works as you'd expect on current legit builds.

If you're using mouse/keyboard there is very little difference between Pro and Home, so I'd suggest downloading the most recent legit version.
Also heavily scan your system for virus/malware as pretty much all cracks carry some type of virus.

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 1:45 pm
Did both (try a fresh download and scan the system) - you were right, that fixed the problem.

Thanks! :)

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 2:21 pm

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 2:53 pm
Didn't know about that one, nor did I investigate addons at all before... Thanks for pointing me out in that direction.

Cheers!

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 4:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)