Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Iremote Dont Link with VDJ- 8 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 7:42 pm
Not sure what's happening or has happened but now VDJ is not seeing my iPad or Droid tablet.

I have to manually type in the IP address and even then there's no IP address half the time.

After the latest VDJ beta this started to happen.

I haven't tried on my Mac so this has only been a problem on my PC.

Keeps saying "the device refused to link up and check firewall setting" or something like that. I do t have a firewall.

Anything I should be checking or looking for??

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 2:32 pm
VDJ Now just lock up and cut off, can't use this at gigs DONT need VDJ shut DOWN across the room.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 2:46 pm
Just been doing some testing on 2338 with Windows 8 PC and Android and it's connecting fine.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 2:52 pm
Not here so my question still stands, anything I should check or look for???

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 3:56 pm
I have been testing the VDJ Remote app with 2334.1001 build of v8. Automix works fine but when you add a track via the remote app it stops playing. This also happen on build 2338.1001 as well.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 4:36 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Not sure what's happening or has happened but now VDJ is not seeing my iPad or Droid tablet.

I have to manually type in the IP address and even then there's no IP address half the time.

After the latest VDJ beta this started to happen.

I haven't tried on my Mac so this has only been a problem on my PC.

Keeps saying "the device refused to link up and check firewall setting" or something like that. I do t have a firewall.

Anything I should be checking or looking for??

Are you waking your tablet out of sleep mode when trying to connect? I know the wifi gets turned off when the device is asleep with certain models. If the wifi has not reconnected, you would have this issue,

I have an issue reconnecting after my device goes to sleep. I have to click the refresh button on VDJ for it to find it again.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 12:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try this, reset your iRemote settings, by deleting the Remote lines (<vdjRemoteDevices /> and <iRemoteList />) of the settings.xml or delete the settings.xml completely if you are not sure about which lines u need to delete and launch both applications.
in the REMOTE tab of Settings, before click on the Connect button, check/enable the "Connect Automatically" box.

Make sure your iPAD settings have Settings-->General-->Auto-Lock to Never and Display & Brightness-->Broeghtness -->auto brightness to Off.

Does this help ?

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 11:52 am
I reset everything lastnight and restarted my iPad and that seemed to do the trick.

I'm gonna let it sit on AutoMix for a few hours tonight and see if it disconnects.

And that's another thing, whenever I have my Droid tablet plugged in it seems to disconnect or either completely shut down and reboot my tablet.

Any ideas on that one??

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 12:32 pm
Where is the "Refund" button for the App as it is no longer working with the latest V8 builds?

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 4:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Refunds are handled by the relevant store. You haven't said what platform you are using, so I can't give you any more information than that.

The app works with the current v8 builds - if you're having an issue you're going to have to be more specific. I've just opened up the current remote build on my Nexus 5, connected it to 2338 with an automix running. In the remote I then browsed to a file and added it to the automix list with no problem.

What do you mean by 'it stops playing'? Automix stops? Playback stops, but automix is still active? Something else? What are the exact steps you take (and what buttons do you click) to replicate this? What device are you using? What OS is it running? What remote build do you have installed (you can see that from the settings screen on the remote)?

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 5:04 pm
The app don't work well on 8. but the old app WORK very well with 7 in the pass

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 10:26 pm
Again you're going to have to be more specific. It works fine for a lot of users!

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 4:05 am
SBDJ wrote :
Refunds are handled by the relevant store. You haven't said what platform you are using, so I can't give you any more information than that.

The app works with the current v8 builds - if you're having an issue you're going to have to be more specific. I've just opened up the current remote build on my Nexus 5, connected it to 2338 with an automix running. In the remote I then browsed to a file and added it to the automix list with no problem.

What do you mean by 'it stops playing'? Automix stops? Playback stops, but automix is still active? Something else? What are the exact steps you take (and what buttons do you click) to replicate this? What device are you using? What OS is it running? What remote build do you have installed (you can see that from the settings screen on the remote)?

I am running VDJ 8 - 2338 - 1016 Build with the IRemote on IPad IOS 8.3 - When running Automix on the PC all is fine but when you add a file to the Automix via the Iremote app it stops the music playing. Didnt have a problem on build 2325.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 6:03 am
djdad wrote :
Try this, reset your iRemote settings, by deleting the Remote lines (<vdjRemoteDevices /> and <iRemoteList />) of the settings.xml or delete the settings.xml completely if you are not sure about which lines u need to delete and launch both applications.
in the REMOTE tab of Settings, before click on the Connect button, check/enable the "Connect Automatically" box.

Make sure your iPAD settings have Settings-->General-->Auto-Lock to Never and Display & Brightness-->Broeghtness -->auto brightness to Off.

Does this help ?

That has worked so far, thank you.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 6:07 am
nightlightsdisco wrote :
SBDJ wrote :

I am running VDJ 8 - 2338 - 1016 Build with the IRemote on IPad IOS 8.3 - When running Automix on the PC all is fine but when you add a file to the Automix via the Iremote app it stops the music playing. Didnt have a problem on build 2325.

I commented on this as well in the other iRemote thread.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/201330/General_Discussion/_NEW__VirtualDJ_Remote_v_8_available_now_for_iOS_and_Android_.html

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 6:10 am
The IPhone Iremote has the same problem when running with Automix - IRemote build v8.0.2287 on IPAD and IPhone. Seems to be a build issue with the PC build rather than the app as it has been tested on build 2325.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 6:14 am
Once apple approve the update to the iOS remote then hopefully these issues will disappear.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 10:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)