Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Iremote Dont Link with VDJ- 8 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The I remote don't link 99% of the time.....been have it since day one when it came out.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 2:13 pm
Do you use the new released / updated version that came yesterday in the Appstore ?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 2:36 pm
As posted in the other thread, running on ipad 1st gen iOS 5.1.1 the app doesn't start. screen flashes then goes back to the ipad desktop.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 3:06 pm
Sorry I got it Thanks GUYS...

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 3:57 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
As posted in the other thread, running on ipad 1st gen iOS 5.1.1 the app doesn't start. screen flashes then goes back to the ipad desktop.

Mine is the same - iPad 1(LAST IOS version available 5.1.1) - will not run new iRemote

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 6:51 am
This has been reported to the team

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 8:01 am
Guys,

Any updates on this, I have a support ticket in but no resolution. Putting the new update in the ipad has rendered the app completely useless as it doesn't start.

Thanks!

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 4:18 pm
Can someone please reply on this. Atomix don't beta test apps then they screw up on release. It's shoddy at best ....... and I can't get the previous app back so it's screwed completely!

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 10:21 am
Anyone ..... hello .......

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 12:35 pm
Keith, we are currently waiting to hear back from Development on whether the issue can be resolved.

We do not want to give false information. Once we have a definitive answer, we will let you know.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 5:02 pm
Well I certainly hope it can, because buying a new iPad just to get an app working is out of the question!

My bank recently updated their app too, and now I can't access the service. The old app won't run and the new one won't/can't install. :-(

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 11:39 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Unfortunately, the first gen iPad was only released for a year. It seems like it was more of a trial since the second gen ran for three years, being discontinued last year.
These devices are more like phones in how rapid the tech changes.
I also believe there is a push from Aplle to not allow support for unsupported devices. I have only heard that and not confirmed it for myself.
It's like holding on to XP, it's still works but your going to be missing out on newer stuff.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 12:32 pm
blckjck wrote :
I also believe there is a push from Aplle to not allow support for unsupported devices.

That sounds like a smart business decision to me, and not just from Apple. C'mon guys, how can I sell new ipads, if all the new stuff works on the old ones? Plus, now I have to have two support teams?

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 3:18 pm
It just proves the fact the ipad 1 was in fact a beta product. A very expensive one.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 3:32 pm
Will not link or see remote got to forced to quit when hit the blue+..OSX 10.9.2 / 2.6Ghz i7/ 8Gb RAM.png

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 5:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
When you hit the + I suspect the window has appeared behind the config window.

You shouldn't actually need to add the remote manually since bonjour will usually take care of the auto-detection.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 7:56 pm
SBDJ wrote :
When you hit the + I suspect the window has appeared behind the config window.

You shouldn't actually need to add the remote manually since bonjour will usually take care of the auto-detection.

Can't see it I move the top window,there is no small window in back

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 12:23 pm
Do you need Bonjour installed on Windows for this version as well?

I can't get it to auto detect.

Where is the documentation for setting up?

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 1:07 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
kradcliffe wrote :
Do you need Bonjour installed on Windows for this version as well?

You do.

kradcliffe wrote :
Where is the documentation for setting up?

There is this:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/iRemote%20Setup%20Guide.html
It was written for VDJ7, but the steps are the same except for the rescanning ability in VDJ8

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 1:53 pm
Any news on the iOS 5.1.1 issue yet?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 4:28 pm
53%