Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Covers not downloading

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Running the latest beta build of v8 as of 5/22/15 and haven't been able to download covers for a while now. It did before. This is on a PC machine running Win7.

Right click folder, batch, download covers and it says downloading, but nothing happens. I scroll through the browser and nothing happens.

Settings set to always download covers in config.

If I go to the tag editor, I can click the icon for the cover and it will open a window with options from Google etc as options to download, and it does upon selecting, but nothing happens automatically.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 10:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Works here and followed your steps exactly. Can you double-check that the setting is on "always" and not to "exact" (default value) ?

Does this happen with all the folders you have tried ?
Can you post a screenshot of Tag Editor of a track that after Batch Cover still remains without cover ?

Do you have any other troubles with Internet connection via VirtualDJ, e.g. use ContentUnlimited (30secs previews if you dont have an active subscription) ?

Any chance your Firewall or Antivirus blocks/timeouts connection ?

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 2:17 pm
Works here and followed your steps exactly. Can you double-check that the setting is on "always" and not to "exact" (default value) ?
I've tried both settings with the same result. I also have a 2nd PC it's working fine on, but don't know why the gig one isn't.

Does this happen with all the folders you have tried ?
Yes. Going through "My Library" and opening "No Covers". Also tried by right clicking on individual folders and batch-download covers. Also tried just scrolling through browser. All with no results.

Can you post a screenshot of Tag Editor of a track that after Batch Cover still remains without cover ?
I can, but have to go upload it first.

Do you have any other troubles with Internet connection via VirtualDJ, e.g. use ContentUnlimited (30secs previews if you dont have an active subscription) ?
Nope. Also get ContentUnlimited results.

Any chance your Firewall or Antivirus blocks/timeouts connection ?
No anitvirus, checked firewall. Outgoing is allowed, incoming is blocked. This also happens immediately after turning on PC.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 3:10 pm
I would try to disable Firewall for a while and check again. Just to see where the issue comes from.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 3:19 pm
I tried disabling the firewall before, and just tried it again now with no result. Looking at it closer, it doesn't actually say it's downloading anything. It just flashes a small few words (where "Downloading Covers" usually appears) so quick I can't read it after selecting to download covers.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 4:01 pm
If its working on your other computer, then definitely its not software related. Probably something with your Internet connection, something is blocked there.
Before digging more into your router and firewall settings, try to delete the settings.xml file (actually do a backup of that before deleting) and relaunch VirtualDJ. Then change the setting to always and try again.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 9:41 pm
Tried that, still didn't work. I can search and play :30 of netsearch results so it's accessing the internet. I know it's my machine because it does work on my other machine, so...what else do I check?

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)