Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: FX's Reset When I Close/Open............ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have a few video effects that I use all the time, now the problem is I'll set the parameters a certain and then when I finish my set close VDJ but whenever I open VDJ back up again I have to reset the effects all over again EVERY SIGNLE TIME.

So is this by design or a bug?? Doesn't matter if I'm using a Mac or PC it's the same thing every time, I have to reset my effects parameters.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 7:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are those Video Effects on Master ?
Any particular ones ?
Can you reproduce at will ?

I tried couple of natives but couldnt reproduce here (settings were saved)

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 9:01 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It caught me out in the early days (drove me mad, formatted my machine) New settings are only written to the ini's if there is only one instance of said effect loaded.

How to fix, (long route but sometimes you have to nuke the site from orbit)

Open V8, go to options
search "effects" delete all the text.
search "videoFX" delete all the text.
Close & reopen V8.
On one deck
Set your FX to new settings.
Close V8.
Your settings are saved
Profit.

Or you can edit the ini's with a text editor.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 9:06 pm
Yes they are video fx's, Scott's VFilter and ColourEQ are the main 2. Nothing on the master.

And to answer Loco, yeah I them on decks 1&2.

And yes it drives me crazy because if I forget to set everything and I don't see the effect I want I'm like something is wrong and start checking things when it's just VDJ not saving the settings.

Also can the sample volume Be saved as well?? That gets old as well having to reset the sample volume every single time I reopen VDJ.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 9:46 pm
Then it is that fact you have 2 instances loaded, my method will solve that.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 9:59 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
locodog wrote :
Then it is that fact you have 2 instances loaded, my method will solve that.

Hi locodog about fx,Im using the post fader echo in crossfader the one you build,but Im tired to every time open vdj8,I have to set volume and echo on deck 1-2 how can I do without do this every time?
The post fader work super ,what I need to do to solve this little is issue

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 10:17 pm
Same method

Open V8, go to options
Close & reopen V8.
On one deck
Close V8.
Your settings are saved
Profit.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 10:54 pm
locodog wrote :
Same method

Open V8, go to options
Close & reopen V8.
On one deck
Close V8.
Your settings are saved
Profit.

Its not working, no save,And I check in options after I reset the fx and only appears echo but no active,I want volume and echo be active every time I open vdj8

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 12:01 am
Settings (dial settings) are saved? (they should be)
As for effect_active on start up, I don't understand, you want PFFX echo constantly?

If that is the case you want to add to your oninit mapping.

deck 1 effect_active "volume" & deck 2 effect_active "volume" etc,

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 12:51 am
locodog wrote :
Settings (dial settings) are saved? (they should be)
As for effect_active on start up, I don't understand, you want PFFX echo constantly?

If that is the case you want to add to your oninit mapping.

deck 1 effect_active "volume" & deck 2 effect_active "volume" etc,

For some Reason not working properly,take like 3 minutes to start to working this what I dont want ,and yes I want Pffx constantly ,I did the onnit.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 2:23 am
I guess you have taken me literally,

deck 1 effect_active "volume" & deck 2 effect_active "volume" & deck 1 effect_active "echo" & deck 2 effect_active "echo"

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 4:31 am
locodog wrote :
I guess you have taken me literally,

deck 1 effect_active "volume" & deck 2 effect_active "volume" & deck 1 effect_active "echo" & deck 2 effect_active "echo"

Only the volume is active on the start no echo.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 1:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Keep also in mind that if the Effect is selected to an Effect slot and you launch VirtualDJ with a controller that has knobs assigned to control Effect parameters, in most cases the actual position of the hardware knobs will re-position the Effect Parameters to the values indicated by them.

Check your other FX slots too. There may be a chance the same Effect to be selected there as well.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 2:23 pm
djdad wrote :
Keep also in mind that if the Effect is selected to an Effect slot and you launch VirtualDJ with a controller that has knobs assigned to control Effect parameters, in most cases the actual position of the hardware knobs will re-position the Effect Parameters to the values indicated by them.

Check your other FX slots too. There may be a chance the same Effect to be selected there as well.

I have no problem with parameters only with effect echo in this case ,im using locodog Pffx ,but for now ,with the script he just give me only the volume its on when I start the program ,but i want the 2 effects work from the begining,no only 1 which in this case only volume is on when I open.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 2:45 am
Check the FX drop down, if you've typed it right it should be on, it may just not be on visible a visible slot.

deck 1 effect_active 2 "volume" & deck 2 effect_active 2 "volume" & deck 1 effect_active 1 "echo" & deck 2 effect_active 1 "echo"

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 3:27 am
Not working properly now only echo works with this new script,I check everthing but something its wrong,with the first script only volume.!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 6:43 pm
Have you actually tested the XF?, I think you are assuming because you can't see the effect on slot you are assuming it isn't working.

Show me a picture of your skin with 3 slots FX slots showing

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 7:16 pm
Anyway back On topic

It caught me out in the early days, when I pulled it nobody had a clue about the problem (very early days of V8, there were more pressing issues at the time) it caught breaker out, Dj dad didn't think of it to be the most likely cause and we all know our stuff and I'm certain it will have caught loads out who won't have reported it.

How about a rethink, I'm not sure what, every way has it's cons

The current way with some sort of force write to ini.
Only take note of active fx.
have an ini per deck.

ini per deck seems like the smart way, I'm not sure where that leaves VSTs, maybe have per deck ini on loading the effect, copy the deck ini to the master ini, its a bit of a head scratcher.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 7:39 pm
locodog wrote :
Have you actually tested the XF?, I think you are assuming because you can't see the effect on slot you are assuming it isn't working.

Show me a picture of your skin with 3 slots FX slots showing

Thanks very very much, I find the problem ,I was using the skin controller by DennYo which only have 1 slot so I did it with the vdj8 skin and works thank you you save me alot time.so now I can open without check every time .SOLVE!!!!!

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 2:38 am
Even if there is only 1 slot on screen there is invisible slots but since you don't have to change anything on the volume FX (it's tied to the XF) you only need echo visible.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 10:18 am
87%