Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: not reading tag info

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have lots of results missing when searching my karaoke files, at first I thought it may be that some of the tags are incorrect

checking down the list of tracks in VDJ I see lots of tracts with just TIT2 as the title.

so I have loaded up media monkey thinking its just a tagging problem, but it seems that the basic tag info is there ??

I have tried removing and adding back into the search database, and the re load tags option, we no luck

It seems VDJ is not reading the tag information ?

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 9:15 am
further info .....

if I update the tag via media monkey, and then reload tags in vdj the info is correct

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 9:28 am
There are different versions (revisions) of ID3 tags. It's possible to have different information written to each version.

VDJ may be reading the tags from one version, whereas your other software is reading/writing to the other.

It used to be the case (maybe still is) that VDJ checks the older tags first, and ignores newer tags if there's data in the old tags.

VDJ must have got the TIT2 info from somewhere. Possibly your other software cannot see (or isn't set up to see) that info, as it's in an older tag format.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 10:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)