Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 wont open on my virtual machine

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently got a Berhinger BCD2000 for use on my Windows 8.1 laptop, but i was kinda stupid and didnt review what operating systems it was compatible with. So it isnt compatible with Windows 8, and since i need that controller for something im doing at the end of this month, i need a fix asap. so i ran a Windows 7 and Windows XP virtual machine using Virtualbox, and i was able to install the drivers just fine. But when i installed VDJ 8 on both the virtual machines, if i double click on the icon on the desktop, nothing happens. if i run it with admin rights, run the compatibility troubleshooter, no matter what, it doesnt open. not even a loading screen or anything. when i open my task manager to see if it even registers on there, it appears in the processes for about 1-2 seconds before going away. both the XP and Win 7 virtual machines do the same thing. running VDJ on my current OS, windows 8.1, it runs perfect. its just the virtual machines. i made a post about this on the official Virtualbox forums, but they all told me to make a post on the program's own forums, which is why im here. if any of you have virtual machines, could you try running VDJ on them to see if it works? or is VDJ just somehow incapable of running on a virtual machine? if it is, is there a workaround or an alternative virtual machine provider i can use? please, i need answers asap.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 9:37 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I think you are going to run into a bunch of performance issues with a virtual machine, even if you can get it to run.

Is dual booting your PC an option?

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 2:14 pm
im not exactly sure on how to do that, but i know what it does. if i look around my house i can probably find a windows XP or Vista installers disk that i can use to dual boot alongside my windows 8.1. if you can link me to a tutorial or video on how to do that, thatd be great

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 2:26 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
[quote=]im not exactly sure on how to do that, but i know what it does. if i look around my house i can probably find a windows XP or Vista installers disk that i can use to dual boot alongside my windows 8.1. if you can link me to a tutorial or video on how to do that, thatd be great[/quote]

I'm not able to search for anything right now. But, MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP EVERYTHING. If you can, image your whole drive first. It's easy to mess up your system when setting up a dual boot. These tasks are not for the faint of heart. If this is the only PC you have, be especially careful. You could easily make your system non bootable and you may need to get more infor or files from the Internet.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 2:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The virtual machine won't have the required graphics capabilities for v8 I'm afraid.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 4:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)