Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Simple MIDI wrapper definition file??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Is the Simple MIDI wrapper definition file available for download?

I have an unsupported basic MIDI controller working in VDJ7. I understand that LED support is not included in the Basic MIDI wrapper definition but I would like to add some entries to make the LEDs work using the default file as a starting point.

Regards,
Duggy.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 1:26 pm
There's no SIMPLE MIDI Wrapper definition file.
When using simple MIDI the midi elements are handled internally by the software and only the mapper of the device is used / needed
If you want to map LEDs then you 'll have to create a proper definition file as per Wi-Ki instructions
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller_Definition.html

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 6:24 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I know about creating a new set from scratch. I just wanted a head-start by using the (already working) mapper file I had but expanding it to include the LED controls. To do this, I needed to have a definition file to add the new LED entries to. I was hoping I could get a definition file for the Simple MIDI wrapper to work on.

I know it exists as I have been supplied with definition files before for built-in controllers to fix bugs. :)

Never mind, I am halfway through creating a new file from scratch anyway but it's a tedious task...

Thanks for the info anyway. :)

Regards,
Duggy.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 8:59 pm
Perhaps I didn't phrase it well:

The SIMPLE MIDI wrapper does not use definition files.

Of course definition files for other devices do exist! But it would make no sense to have one available for download as a template since every device is unique and differs in too many ways from another.
On the other hand, with just a few "copy/paste" clicks from the Wi-Ki link I provided to you, you can have your "template" up and running in just a few minutes.
Just use what you need and then edit the entries to fill in the correct data for your controller...

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 3:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)