Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Click sound when loading next track in automix - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you use vdj's record function to make a recording of automix, then listen back to the recording and see if the click is present in the recording as well?
And if so, would it be possible to share this recording?

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 2:50 am
Hi Adion!

Yes the clicks are in the recording also, just tested it. I have created two soundfiles where it is audible. Where would you like me to send them?

Thanks for your support!

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 9:06 am
Thank you for adressing this bug in the latest beta. Unfortunately it did not solve the issue. There are still click sounds in the transition to another song.

Your VDJ support is awesome. Let me know if I can be helpful.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 9:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try to set autoMixBeatmatchOnFade to no?
For music with beats this improves the automix, but for instrumental music like you use it's possible that the pitch change seems to have caused some small clicks.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 4:19 am
I just tried to set autoMixBeatmatchOnFade to "no".

No change, the click still persists.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 5:23 pm
esp_hh wrote :
Any news on this issue? Would be fantastic if the devs could solve this.

I love Virtual DJ but the click sound on each song change is quite annoying.

Again, if there is anything I can do to help you sort it out, let me know.

Hi

In windows version they have had this bug but seem to be solved now. But we have now video drops. Maybe they are waiting to solve this video problems to export the solution to Apple.

Cheers!

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 11:59 pm
brwonPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Have the exact same problem on a standard PC Quad CPU Q9550 2.8GHz, 8 GB RAM. There is absolutely no problem when using deck A and B, no matter what kind of cpu-intensive actions I try (filter effects, loops, milkdrop, pitch changes, ..). The only instance when I have a problem is when automix is on and at the instance when the next track is being loaded on the deck (so AFTER the complete audio transition has completed). I noticed that this seems to be more prominent when a pitch-adjusting process has completed (i.e. when the pitch goes from 0 to say -8 and then resets to 0 again at the point where the new track is loaded).
This is very annoying, does not matter what latency settings I use btw, even without any controllers attached etc. Also tried lowering pitch quality, no effect. As manual mixing always goes well I seriously think this is related to the automix feature. Also in VDJ7 never had/have a problem.

Posted Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 5:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)