Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Click sound when loading next track in automix - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I noticed that often when using automix in one deck mode a click is audible in the moment when the transition to the next song just has been finished and the new song name is displayed in the deck.

This does only happen in one deck automix mode. Not all songs are affected, mostly I can hear that with songs that start with a low volume.

The songs are fine, they don't have errors. They play without problems in other players or also in VDJ when not in Automix.

I am using a MacBook Retina from 2014, lots of free SSD space and RAM and the latest version of VDJ. I tested this with using the build in audio device as well as a Motu Microbook Audio Device. Both the same result.

Hope there will be a fix for this.

Posted Tue 12 May 15 @ 5:13 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What's the transition type of automix?
Does it happen with different transitions too, or just a specific one?

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 3:38 am
I am using transition type 'full/remove silence'

Tried also deleting all cue and start and end markers in the POI editor. Doesn't change anything.

I am on the road now until Sunday, then I can check what happens in other transition types.

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 4:41 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Sometime it is also soundcard related.
If you use just the buildin soundcard then this may cause the problem.

For a test i would advise you to test a DJ Soundcard like the Numark DJIO or similar.
Also the related scann of the tracks (Automix - Sidelist) should already be done to protect this sound issue.

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 6:16 am
Thanks for your suggestions.

As I wrote I tried this also with my MOTU Microbook, which is a decent 300$ Audio Interface which I have been using for years without problems. Same result. I don't think that a cheap 90$ Numark interface would be a solution.

Also all files have been scanned before.

Also note, that the click occurs when the actual transition is done, in the moment when the song name displayed changes.

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 12:06 pm
I've had issues at the same point.. I think I had to change pitchQuality to 2 from the options/performance to fix mine.

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 12:11 pm
Ok, now I had the time to do some more checks.

- the click occurs on all automix crossfade types, except "none"
- changing the duration of the crossfade does not matter
- changing pitch quality to another value does not change anything as well
- tried converting a song where the click occurs from aac to wav, also tried to insert some seconds of silence at the beginning of this song. still the same issue
- I tried to set different cue / automix points - no change
- I also tried to set an automix start point after 20 seconds. The click still happens again, regardless where the start point is. It always occurs in the moment where the next song name is displayed in the deck.

I have no more idea what to check. Hope the code wizards will find the cause of this.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 7:16 am
Have you tried adjusting latency settings?

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 7:30 am
Yes I did. No change.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 12:32 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This happened in the 7 builds when safe mode was off. But w/ safe mode on, reverse dumps did not work at all.

Guess old habits are coming back for some users...

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 2:00 pm
Fyi, I also tried changing all parameters under 'performance', including latency. No change.

Also using a different skin does not change anything.

Basically my impression is that this click occurs at all song changes in one-deck-automix. With louder songs it is just not noticable.

Performance of my Macbook cant be the cause. I am running a 15'' Macbook Pro Retina from 2014, lots of free space and RAM, CPU load is low, no other apps running at the same time.

Since I rely a lot on automix for my purposes this is a serious issue for me. I am still in the evaluation process if Virtual DJ works for me before I buy the Infinity license. So far I really like it but this issue makes me hesitate.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 5:18 pm
This problem also occurs in dual automix as well on deck 1 have not found a remedy for it yet

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 7:44 am
Hallo esp, may i ask if this happens when you are using a controller, or, does it still happen when you when you are just using your Mac?

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 2:44 am
With or without controller makes no difference.

Also it only occurs when using Automix in One Deck mode. In Dual Deck mode all is fine.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 4:23 am
Then I'm sorry i can't help you, I can't seem to replicate it on my setup. Hope you get it sorted.
mfg
ray

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 7:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is the pitchQuality setting set to?

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 5:25 am
esp_hh wrote :
I noticed that often when using automix in one deck mode a click is audible in the moment when the transition to the next song just has been finished and the new song name is displayed in the deck.

This does only happen in one deck automix mode. Not all songs are affected, mostly I can hear that with songs that start with a low volume.

The songs are fine, they don't have errors. They play without problems in other players or also in VDJ when not in Automix.

I am using a MacBook Retina from 2014, lots of free SSD space and RAM and the latest version of VDJ. I tested this with using the build in audio device as well as a Motu Microbook Audio Device. Both the same result.

Hope there will be a fix for this.

That's problem is on my system too. You can hear it best with classical music like Rondo Veneziano. If in the track at the beginning no drums you can hear it too.

Lg Stefan

Posted Sat 23 May 15 @ 2:43 pm
Hej Stefan, I just played R V the best of album, still can't reproduce it. Tried all settings in AM. Maybe it's a Mac thing, I'm running i7,8.1 and it's all good.

Posted Sat 23 May 15 @ 3:07 pm
Hi Adion,

pitch quality setting does not matter. I tried all kind of values, no change. I am using VDJ 8 build 2265 on MacOS 10.10.3

Stefan: good to know I am not alone with this. Yes it is audible especially with songs that have no rhythm in the beginning.

If I can be helpful in any way to sort this out let me know folks!

Posted Sat 23 May 15 @ 4:46 pm
Any news on this issue? Would be fantastic if the devs could solve this.

I love Virtual DJ but the click sound on each song change is quite annoying.

Again, if there is anything I can do to help you sort it out, let me know.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 12:14 pm
74%