Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Mic problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm having a issue with v8 recognizing my voice through the software. I can her my voice perfectly through the headphones and speakers but, when I speak in the mic the green sound bar dose nothing therefor the sounds not getting to the software I think.

Thanks for any suggestions attached is a pic of the mic set up.

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 9:52 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
What is the signal path for your mic? An example is if I connect a mic to my mixtrack pro, it will come out the speakers. It does not go to the computer at all.

How is your microphone connected and what hardware are you using. Posting a screen shot of your audio setting may help as well.

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 10:02 am
Thanks for your help this is a pic of the mic set up im working with.

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 7:28 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
It will take me a few days to get some time to test a configuration similar to yours. Please bear with me.

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 4:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is the mic connected to the controller or to your on-board sound card?
"High Definition Audio Device" is usually the name of the on-board sound card.
If you connected the mic to your controller, you probably need to select it from the drop-down. (If the output is working correctly, my guess is it would be called 'USB Audio Device')

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 5:34 am
Are you plugging your mic into the IDJ/Discover DJ Pro or directly into the computer?

If you're plugging it into the IDJ/Discover DJ Pro then I would not expect to see the meter in VDJ respond - because the audio signal has left VDJ and reached the controller at that stage. The audio from the controller (and mic) does not go back from there into VDJ again. It's designed to send the mic signal out of the controller RCA master to your speakers.

In order for VDJ to see the mic signal, you need to plug a mic directly into the computer (the built in High Definition Audio Device).

Why do you need VDJ to "recognize your voice"? Are you broadcasting from VDJ?

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 5:34 am
Thanks for all the great suggestions, the mic is plugged directly in to a Numark Idj3. I'm OK with computers but,a pro just not me unfortunately, is there a step by step procedure for connecting a mic to a computer ? The reason im doing this is so I can make some live mix tapes and signature drops for my show. Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 12:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Adion wrote :
If you connected the mic to your controller, you probably need to select it from the drop-down. (If the output is working correctly, my guess is it would be called 'USB Audio Device')

Already tried this?

Posted Mon 11 May 15 @ 3:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have the feeling that the Mic Input of the Numark is a hardware one. So if for any reason you need the Microphone Input to pass through VirtualDj (e.g. if you need to broadcast or record it), you will need to use the built-in Microphone Input of your computer instead.
When u select Mic from the Audio Config of VirtualDJ, what other options do you get besides the one we see on the screenshot ?

Posted Mon 11 May 15 @ 12:47 pm
still having the same issue nothing seems to work ,one of the members asked me to put up more screen pics so her they are .

Posted Thu 14 May 15 @ 7:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)