Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Programm start resets database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,
I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit and Virtual DJ version 8.0.2231.0 and there is no remembering of my cue's and bpm.
I tried to fix these well-know permission error. It does not work or does not help. I'm not sure.
The facts: During using the program I can find my cues ans so on in that database. Also after closing the programm. But after every restart they are gone.
Do you have any idea to fix this problem?
Thank you. ;)
Jan

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 8:59 am
Are you using an external hard drive?

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 9:35 am
Program is installed on SSD
Music on internal HD
So there are different drives.

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 1:21 pm
First of all check the "ReadOnly" option on VirtualDj settings. You may have set it to "yes" by mistake and therefore the database changes will not be saved.

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 7:46 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
@Phantom
User figured out that the issue could probably be the letter of one partition of his HD which is named B:\

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 12:49 am
Not "probably" :)
That IS an issue...
And not only with VirtualDj...

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 12:51 am
Thank you all. I think that's an problem I have to live with. ;)

@PhantomDeejay: What could be the problems? I use this partition only as an data partition.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 1:19 am
Windows OS will always handle that partition as a removable drive (not external HDD, that's different)
Not only that, but generally letters A: and B: are still considered to be floppy drive letters!
Therefore I always recommend users to use letters bigger than C: (which obviously is your OS drive) up to Z:
I would use B: only if ALL the letters up to Z: were assigned on a drive/partition/network drive e.t.c.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 2:50 am
Thx

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 3:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)