Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mic - Audio setting advice

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A little background:

I've been asked to DJ a party for some friends in another town via Shoutcast. They have also requested that I have a mic set up to read an announcement from time to time or just acknowledge requests. I've used a mic before with VDJ7, but not yet with VDJ8. I've got a Logitech G930 headset (USB) with a boom mic on it and I can successfully use the mic...and I've also set up a config button to turn the mic off and on...but here is where I need some assistance from you kind and wonderful people:

Whenever I am playing the track on a deck and need to use the mic, my own voice is audible through the headphones and it makes it incredibly hard to keep a train of thought. One very clunky solution I've found to this is by turning down the volume of my own headset (while maintaining the VDJ8 master volume level) when I am speaking...but it's a little awkward and I can't hear the mix when I'm doing this.

I'm sure there's a way to configure the audio settings to assign the mic channel to be sent to the headphones so that I could lower the headphone volume on VDJ8, enable the mic, speak and still hear the track playing in the master channel in the background without hearing my own voice...but I don't know exactly how that would be done.

I'm attaching a screencap of my current audio settings. I figured that since the master output was on channels 3&4 while the headphones/mix and mic were on output 1&2, I could lower headphone/mix volume while talking as I described above...but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas/opinions/advice?

Thank you so much in advance.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 8:57 am
Nevermind. I feel like an idiot, but I didn't even see that I was using a single soundcard. As soon as I routed the master output to the PCs soundcard and left the headphones and mic on the Logitech G930 headset, the mic is silenced on the headphones but still goes out on the master output (PC soundcard).

I'm attaching a screenshot of the settings that work just in case it might help someone else in the future.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 9:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)