Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Gemini G4V custom led settings with VDJ7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Djsho3kPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I've got just about everything setup like I'd like it but I'm hoping someone can help me with changing the operations of the LEDs...... What I want o do is simple but maybe a little outside of my expertise.....what I'd like is for all the led buttons to be backlit under the platter all the time so I can see them in the dark..... Same thing for the hot cue,auto loop,sample and loop roll buttons above the platter, but with them I'd like for the button that corresponds with the mode selected (ie sample) to be flashing...... Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 8:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no way to have the LEds backlit on the Gemini (and the majority of the controllers in the market that dont support this or offer RGB Leds). The LEds can be on, off or blinking.
If you still need some leds to stay on when inactive and blinking when active, you will need to edit the LED_ keys.
E.g. if a LED is assigned as .. loop 4, it means that if a loop of 4 beats is active (the action returns true), the led will be on and off in all other cases.
If you need to stay on and blink when a Loop 4 is active, you will need to map it as .. loop 4 ? blink : on

If that is the way you want the LEds to work and need help modifying a mapping file, please be more specific on the Leds you wish to modify , by providing the action of the corresponding Key/button and we will help you with the needed script for the LEds.

Keep also in mind that several LED_ keys may not be visible in the default (or custom mapping) as they are defined to follow the true/false result of the bounded Key.
So there may be a PLAY key but not a LED_PLAY. In this case, you need to scroll down to the Key list and add this Key in the empty line using the List you will get with all the available non-assigned keys.
EDIT, for version 7, you need to use the Key list from the top right in Config->Mappers

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 10:54 pm
Thanks, that helps a lot...... thats exactly what i was looking for. I'll tackle it in the next couple of days and go from there. btw....all the buttons on the bottom of the G4V light up but they only do so when pressed..... I don't get why they are scripted to work like that

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 9:29 am
Bottom buttons, you mean play/cue/sync e.t.c ?
They are scipted like that in order to know if the deck is playing, paused or cued...
If all of them were "ON" all the time you wouldn't be able to tell if a deck is playing just by taking a quick glimpse on the controller

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 11:23 am
well coming from the vinyl era I'm used to looking at the crossfader and vu meters to see which deck is playing smartass.......geeesh

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 10:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)