Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help with sample volumes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings. I'm using a Denon MC3000 on VDJ8 (latest build) and I'm experiencing a slightly annoying problem. On the unit, the same knobs and buttons control effects (labled EFX.1-3) and samples depending on whether you hit the sample button to trigger sample mode. The buttons work fine and there's no problem there. My issue is with the knobs. In the default mode they are in effects mode and the knobs control the effects parameters. I find that I am able to set the effects parameters in the software to a sort-of "pick up" mode where no mater where the knob is positioned, the effect parameter isn't effected until the knob is swung up to the level it was last set. This works like one of the trim settings. It works great for the effects parameters.

Problem is that I've grown accustomed to returning all of my knobs to zero, or full left because, they don't change the effects parameters until I swing them around BUT as soon as I hit the sample button to trigger sample mode, the first 8 samples immediately reset to zero volume, even though they were previously set to a different volume. That's before I turn a knob. Did I miss a setting in software or is this the only way sample volumes work? After the first 8 samples the volumes on the rest stay wherever they were left before but they don't correspond to a controller button so I'm sure that's it.

Lastly, can you offer any solutions if there's no software setting fix? I was thinking of looking at the knob mapping to take out their impact on the sample volumes as I would rather set their volumes once and leave them alone.

Peace

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 6:28 am
I fixed it! Here's what I did. I realized that each knob is called Samp1-4 when the sample button is clicked on the controller. All I did was wipe all the commands for each knob so they don't have any action when using samples. I then took the 4th knob in each bank and set that command to sample master volume which worked perfectly! I never tweak the 4th effect parameter and few if any of my effects even have a 4th parameter so I can leave that knob in the middle. Best yet is that now those two knobs also control the volume of all the samples that I trigger with the track pad (beyond the 8 that have dedicated buttons on the controller)! VDJ8 is brilliant!!!!!

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 4:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)