Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX2 - Checking firmware version

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys,

i have been having ongoing issues with the pioneer ddj sx2 and was wanting to double check the firmware version that is on the unit.

how do you find out what version is loaded?

cheers

Iain

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 7:05 am
found it and unfortunately its the latest firmware.

will just need to wait for the VDJ team to upload the proper native mapping file for the sx2. until then, back to using serato :-(

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 7:27 am
iainaalpine wrote :
ongoing issues

What are they? In order for them to be resolved, you need to report them.

iainaalpine wrote :
proper native mapping

The SX2 is already natively supported. What (in your opinion) is not "proper" about it? See above - unless you state your issues, nobody will be able to look into them.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 7:41 am
The sx2 is not fully natively mapped as vdj haven't yet received the controller to do this. They are meant to be receiving this at the end of this month.
My issues are -
After around 15/20 mins use systems/functions start to fail - headphone monitoring, looping, track selection.
Led functionality is also poor on everything the unit does.

What would be good is for someone that thinks they have it running well to post the settings they are using or if someone had mapped there sx2 to share this.
Iain

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 9:30 am
thats great, thanks for sharing this with me.

i have the file sitting in my dropbox folder (have never used dropbox before), what do i do next?

i'm running this on a mac.

really appreciate your help.

Iain

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 1:30 pm
Put it in documents > virtualdj > mappers folder.

In VDJ settings on the "controllers" page it should appear in the clickbox at the top on the right. Just select it and off you go.

Keith

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 1:55 pm
Thanks Keith, I will give it a go.

The controller works well with Serato so I'm guessing that proves it's ok.

Fingers crossed this mapper sorts out vdj for me as I would rather be using it to Serato.

Will let you no how I get on Keith.

Iain

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 4:15 pm
I have replaced the sampler pads with set loops, just so you know!

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 4:40 pm
hi keith,

finally got home tonight after a trip with work and have loaded the mapper you kindly supplied.

i still seem to be getting glitches after say 30mins of use and pretty much the same ones as before.

i was looking at the utilities mode and was wondering what you had set the system up like with regarding 'forcing the controller' to act like a general midi controller. i have the setting as follows -

unit switched off, holding the shift button & the play/pause button, turn unit on. on the right deck the 'HOT CUE' button is illuminated meaning the unit automatically changes mode whether serato dj is running or not (page 23 of manual).

another thing i have tried is a different usb cable and also routing this completely away from all power. this was a long shot as the unit is perfect with serato!

i wonder if vdj received the ddi sx2 from pioneer as was promised for the end of april?

thanks again Keith

Iain

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 3:29 pm
I think it has to be ran in Serato mode. One of the team can confirm this but I have not changed anything like that since getting it.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 4:25 pm
Keith, do you no how to set it up for running in serato mode?

cheers

Iain

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 12:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)