Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Reloop Beatpad - Failed to Connect - Win7 VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RazKoolControlleristMember since 2015
Hi there,

I'm trying to connect my Reloop Beatpad to a new PC as my laptop has been playing up and I think it may be on it's way out.

I have installed the Reloop ASIO drivers and connected the controller via a USB cable (which works on my laptop) directly into the PC.

VDJ8 sees the controler (as does windows) but has "(Failed to connect)" next to it's name in the VDJ8 setup (See image below).

I have unplugged all other USB devices (other than keyboard / mouse), tried various cables and USB 2.0 ports and uninstalled / reinstalled VDJ8 software (on V 2206.971).

Still the same thing happens.

The controller is on the latest firmware and works OK on my Laptop.

I have gone thru the troubleshooting posts on the forum but am still unable to connect up this controller. Any ideas?

B

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 5:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For some strange reason, my Reloop Beatpad only works on a specific USB port on my Desktop too. So try with a different USB port (and different USB cable too).
Could be some USB powering issue.
I dont think that has to do with any Windows driver (definitely not related to ASIO drivers, those are only for the sound card), but worths trying to clean the USB Windows History using USBOblivion (Google it)

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 9:51 am
RazKoolControlleristMember since 2015
Hi there

I have used the USB utility as suggested and also unplugged all USB devices (other than Keyboard Mouse) and tried the controller in every available USB slot - Still the same.

Any more ideas please ?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)