Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Laptop upgrade/compatability with pioneer ddj sx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys!

Need some help here. I've been djing using an HP 2000 notebook PC with the following specs:

Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.30 GHz
RAM: 4GB
system type: 64-bit
Rating: 3.4 Windows experience index
And is Windows 7

I use a Pioneer DDJ SX with this and VDJ, however I notice my CPU has been going in the red all the time. I fear of it crashing during a huge gig. So I've been in the market to upgrade. And No, I don't want a Macbook pro, or any apple product. It's a personal preference to me. I wanted to upgrade to something that won't make my CPU run hot and crash. I want to be able to work comfortably and have my sets run smoothly.

Been looking to upgrade to something affordable, nothing above $1000. I've been looking at Alienware, I've read that for a gaming laptop, it works really well for DJing too.

I found someone selling their Alienware gaming laptop but I'm not sure how much better it is so here are the specs:

Alienware M15X Gaming laptop
Windows Vista
Processor: Intel(R) Core(tm)2 dUO cpu t8300 @ 2.40 GHZ
ram: 4 gb
32-bit operating system

Would this be an upgrade in comparison to what I have in terms of performance? Also I have also read that the pioneer ddj sx isn't compatible as serato with windows vista. But what about with VDJ and vista? And if this is good enough to make sure my CPU doesn't run hot, and vista is a problem, can I upgrade to winodws 7 with this laptop?

Is it worth the $300 to get this? Or should I look into a Lenovo? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 5:52 pm

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 6:17 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 7:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)