Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ7 not scanning complete library

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone,

I am having some trouble getting all my songs into the database. My music is on an external hard disk as my laptop drive isn't big enough. I am quite new to VDJ, so may be its me doing something wrong.

I am clicking a top level folder and selecting add to database. I have tried this with and with recursive on, it makes sense to me that this should be on as all music is in sub folders.

It seems to get to around 'K' so anything later in the alphabet for a sub folder is not added.

Does anyone have any pointers?
Many Thanks

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 3:30 pm
Try just browsing to each folder from within VDJ.

VDJ should automatically add any tracks it encounters (unless you've turned that option off).

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 11:57 am
Thank you for replying to me.

The button is a bit confusing. When I push it and the button text shows "Manual" does that mean "Auto" is on?

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 12:10 pm
Which version are you using? My VDJ Pro 7.4.1 button says "add automatically" on it, which means that is the action performed.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 12:19 pm
I am using 7.4.2 pro.

I have have tried it on auto and browsing as well as manually adding it.
There are whole folders missing from the search.

VDJ suggested checking I am an administrator, which I am. The laptop runs Windows, so its none of the other mac issues floating about.

I am really struggling with it :(

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 11:40 am
Is there a way of telling how many tracks are in the database?

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 11:42 am
Just search for * and the browser will display all tracks (assuming you're not filtering out results with the "show..." buttons) and a total.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 11:46 am
Many thanks, that's confirmed to me there is clearly an issue.
It shows 25 tracks.

I have deleted the database file and am going to try to start over. It's currently scanning again.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 11:52 am
errolbooth wrote :
I have deleted the database file

From where? If you're using an external drive then the database will be stored on that drive, not your computer.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 12:56 pm
yes, that's where I deleted it from.

It's busy scanning at the moment. Does it have any kind of limit to folders / sub folders / files it can scan?

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 1:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)