Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SR, no buttons are working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello.
Sound passes trough the device, when i click play with my mouse in Virtual DJ, but none of the buttons work. There's light in the buttons though. I installed the latest driver for the DDJ. I can't upgrade firmware because it says the device is not connected (what the fuck?), but I'm pretty sure it's the newest firmware anyway. 1.07 version.
I did set the DDJ for "Other software then Serato". I have virtual dj 8
Can anyone help me with this? I think i sprained my wrist from punching the wall, because this is seriously starting to annoy me. Spend all day on it now.
A solution would be greatly apreciated. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.
Benny

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 9:05 am
First of all in order to update the firmware you need to start the device in "firmware upgrade mode"
For most of the DDJ series that means that you need to power off the unit, hold some buttons pressed, and then power on again.
Please refer to DDJ-SR operation manual for more info on the subject. Also the zip file that you downloaded containing the firmware should have a pdf file with instructions as well.

After you update firmware, please test again, and remember that without a license the unit will work only for 10 minutes until you restart the software (demo mode)

Finally if I'm not mistaken the unit should remain on "Serato" mode to work properly with VirtualDj.

Let us know your progress.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 9:42 am
Thank you for your reply. I will give those Things a try. And also I'm about to reinstall Windows om my pc, so I'm sure there's not any old ASIO drivers or something messing with the process. Probably overkill, but it'll give me some peace of mind. Have a nice day

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 10:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)