Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SZ Jog Wheel Inaccuracy.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm super used to the precision of Serato and it's handling of jog wheels. Here's my issue.. I'll try to describe it as best as possible. I cue to the 1st, beat on a song... I hit play, then move the jog wheel back to the first beat, and mark it. Then I let it play again. I move the jog wheel the exact same amount, and it should be right back to the first beat like serato. In VDJ, every pull back yields a new position. I am super used to cuing, and firing off a song with a little scratch then release.. VDJ is not following the jog wheel exactly. In serato, I can move the wheel back and forth 1000 times and every time it will be exactly the same spot, like it was made of fly paper.. in VDJ, every movement gives me a new position. I demonstrated this in the booth In Atlantic city, and was asked "well, why would you want to do that anyhow?" well, because it's what DJs do... Jason told me there was some fix for this, but I've searched high and low, and can't find jack shit. Anyone have any input?

Thanks!!!!

Steve

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 12:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Out of interest does it do the same thing with master tempo disabled?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 9:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you define how "off" is the accuracy ?
If e.g. you perform one full circle with the jogwheel of the DDJ-SZ, do you also get a full circle on the skin ?
Reason saying this is because there are some DDJ-SZ out there (mine is one), that have half of the accuracy compared to the majority of the produced units. In that case a modification in the definition is required.
So is it near a full circle or is it half ?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 9:22 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
And try to put 'rampScratchTime' in advanced options to 0.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 9:42 am
Also "jogSensitivityScratch" and "jogSensitivityCue" options should be set to 1.0

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 1:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)