Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Netbook Skin rendering problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I picked up cheap netbook (it's tiny 1024*600)
MSI U180
Intel Atom N2600
Win7 Starter

It's recently been Flattened to the recovery image and has since been updated to death.

And V8 seems to struggle rendering the GUI, (one corner gets rendered) after messing about I managed to get it working ( switch to V7 skin, switched back, messing with windowed/maximised ) with the V8 skin full screen (once)
But I can't recall what I did.
Now on fresh boot I still get only one corner,

Any suggestions, (other than stop buying cheap Chinese rubbish)

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 11:41 am
set graphics for quality if u have any of those settings not sure whats in that one

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 12:27 pm
Have a look under the VDJ 7 skin downloads. There are a handful of netbook skins designed for 1024x600.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 1:40 pm
0I used the native 1024 600 v7 skin that comes with V8 and the problem persists, (on switch & cold boot) Accelerator settings are cranked down to performance,
Cranking them up to quality sounds wrong but I'll try. It's not the skin at issue per say it's V8 and my machine.

But the thing is (important thing) In one instance I had the V8 (& V7) skin working fine full screen once.

Oh and settings are full screen when I get into them, but the window is positioned awkwardly I have to shrink the window, then windows move the menus to see the minimize close buttons

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 7:16 am
Going by the posts a handful of others have made about skins not drawing, I'd say you need to play around with your graphics drivers.

Try installing newer or older versions, or even swapping them between Intel/MIcrosoft if Win 7 has them built in.

Also might be worth adjusting the skin FPS up/down in VDJ 8 settings to see if it helps.

I'd def avoid using the default 1920x1080 skins on a netbook though. It'd only add to the strain on the system.

FYI VDJ 8 runs OK on my Samsung NC10 netbook at the same res.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 7:27 am
J have an Asus 1.6 atom 2gig ram netbook running stripped down windows 7 I have the fps turned down to 15 and v8 will barely run loading songs takes the cpu up to 100%

V7 actually runs pretty well

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 6:30 pm
I suspected it would struggle, V7 machine it'll have to be.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 9:03 pm
My netbook runs Windows XP.....

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 5:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)