Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AVG Antivirus caused crackles

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Had a minor issue this weekend. Friday night's gig during dinner I normally use a backup system for background music. Instead I was manually playing some of my newish tunes as background music and deleting cue points set by Mixed In Key. As I was deleting a cue point VDJ8 put up a message that it had stopped responding. Put the backup system on and had to restart VDJ8. Didn't have anymore problems for the rest of the gig.

On Saturday morning I installed AVG Antivirus and cleared a lot of registry problems that had not been picked up by CCleaner that I normally use every week. At last night's wedding gig after setting up was checking my system and found lots of crackles on modern bass heavy music. Couldn't get rid of it and thought it didn't do that before installing AVG. I had plenty of time to uninstall AVG and all it's components. Restarted VDJ8 and the crackles were gone. VDJ8 worked fine for the rest of the night.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 5:19 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Did you were able to reproduce since then ?

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 6:39 am
Haven't tried to re-install AVG to see if I can repeat this yet, may do later.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 2:54 pm
Re-installed AVG and did all maintenance, virus check, etc. So far no crackles, it's early hours of the morning here in the UK (2.30am), so, I don't have my MC6000 connected. Will try it again during the daytime, but, so far, it's looking OK.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 8:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)