Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cpu running high on my new laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello, I bought a new laptop several weeks ago. I have had lots of trouble with it, I managed to solve clicks and pops problem. Now I notice that when I do multiple things at the same time in VDJ, cpu goes to 100%. It happens when Im playing a song in one deck and load + play second deck + searching back and forward on deck. It might cause small clicks and pops when it hits 100%.

Funny thing is that, if I hit ctrl+alt+del, i can see from system resources that the cpu is only 15-30% but vdj thinks it is 100%. Is it possible that the vdj is only using one processor instead of 2?

I bought the new laptop because it is much lighter than my previous one that i bought 3 years ago. What I feel that this laptop was a mistake to buy because it seems to not to have enough horse power.

My new laptop specs:
Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-571G-58TC
cpu: Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7 GHz double processor
memory: 8 Gt (1 x 8 Gt) DDR3 1600 MHz
15,6" HD (1366 x 768) Acer ComfyView
graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 4 Gt GDDR3
Windows 8.1 64-bit (FI/SE/DK/NO/UK)
controller: vci-400

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 4:03 pm
Your Specs look good. I think it's all unnecessary applications you have on your computer. If you are only using this computer for DJing and you have your start-up window 8 disc. I'll suggest re-installing windows 8 and updating the drives that is needed without the software. The link below would also show you how to optimize your PC for Djing... Now you don't have to do all the steps like the display settings but with most of the changes setting in this video would have your computer working great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6tB-2DeEvE

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 12:03 pm
knightrin wrote :
Your Specs look good. I think it's all unnecessary applications you have on your computer. If you are only using this computer for DJing and you have your start-up window 8 disc. I'll suggest re-installing windows 8 and updating the drives that is needed without the software. The link below would also show you how to optimize your PC for Djing... Now you don't have to do all the steps like the display settings but with most of the changes setting in this video would have your computer working great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6tB-2DeEvE

I didn't realize that he had one for VDJ. Also a suggestion can be to downgrade to windows 7 and still found this process...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xjsykgnPms

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 12:08 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If I play two fullhd videos and record mix to a mp4, cpu is 100%. With my old laptop it's only 35%. I think I will sell this one and buy another with better cpu. I thought that good graphic card (nvidia gtx) matters more but it isn't. CPU is much more important.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 2:49 pm
jaakko wrote :
If I play two fullhd videos and record mix to a mp4, cpu is 100%. With my old laptop it's only 35%. I think I will sell this one and buy another with better cpu. I thought that good graphic card (nvidia gtx) matters more but it isn't. CPU is much more important.

Ok, But I think you should still optimize your laptop for DJing and music production.

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 7:44 am
make sure that your power options are set for performance, everything set to always on

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 9:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)