Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hiding Files?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chafferPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello all, can anybody point me in a good direction here? I have folders containing Mp3's on a hard drive. In Version 7, any folders I would like to NOT appear in Virtual DJ browser, I used to set the attributes as Hidden. This was good as they would then disapear from the browser. giving a clean uncluttered look. This does not seem to work in version 8. is there any way I can hide a folder and everything in it from the browser in 8?

Would really like to keep the hard drive organized the way it is without moving anything. With all the remixes and little played songs in the hidden folders, (still searchable by windows). And all the regular players in the unhidden folders.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 6:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hiding folders works here.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 6:24 pm
Thanks locodog,
Just tried again and I stand corrected, sort of!
The folders do dissapear, although the songs in them still come up in a search. So I get all these remixes and unwanted versions showing up. I feel sure this didn't occur in version 7?

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 6:36 pm
Just tried it with 7.4 and it looks like I must be going crazy! The folders dissapear, but the songs still show up in search. Would still like to be able to tick a box or something, either in VDJ itself or windows. So if anybody knows? Don't really want to encrypt or lock them. As I would still like windows search to show them! Looks like I may have to move them to another drive or partition! Perhaps a future browser feature... "Remove hidden files from search"

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 6:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hide the folders and clean the database.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 7:07 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can "remove songs from search DB" by rightclicking on a file/ folder and choose that option from the context menu.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 6:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)