Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: LOST VIDEO OUTPUT ON MASTER VIDEO SCREEN

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Long time VDJ user, first time stuck and unable to find answers. When I set-up my video output for Karaoke on VDJ 8, everything worked fine. I did a few gigs in between time and the program worked great! I did not use any videos at these shows. Now, when I set up the karaoke screen and try to play a video or karaoke file, the graphic portion of the file will only show on the smaller screens on my VDJ 7 skin. I have the skin face set to video to display the 3 screens. Any video I try to play will not output to the master, thus will not output to my external karaoke screen. I am at a loss of how to fix this or as to why it even happened? I havent changed any settings or options that should impact on the video display? Please, help me regain the ability to play video on the master out put. Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to add that I am also using a Denon 6000mk2 controller. Since making this post and playing around a bit, I am finding that the no output on the master screen happens only when I run the USB cable connection to the 6000mk2. If I remove the Denon piece from the loop, the master output screen functions as normal. How do I make sound aND VIDEO WORK THROUGH THE 6000mk2?

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 2:14 pm
the new beta build has video improvements i would give that a shot and see how it goes

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 2:47 pm
Thanks wickedmix! I appreciate the quick response. Now, dont get upset, im a newbie with computers. Where do I find a download link for the new Beta Build? I have never used any in the past. I just installed the original software for VDJ8 and for the Denon 6000mk2 and took off. The two didnt seem to have any issues when i first started using them together?

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 2:59 pm
in your profile on this site there is a check box to enable getting beta builds also in the software settings (enable advanced settings) there is a place as well to select getting betas they both need to be enabled and u will get the betas as auto updates

good luck i hope it helps

also this is worth a look as well -> http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 4:51 pm
Gotcha. Well...that part worked. I am now clicked on the Beta Test deliveries. But...nothing has helped as to why the Denon 6000MK2 isnt allowing video out on the master? I have read and been all over both forums (VDJ and Denon), and still havent found anything? I even tried it with another computer, still blocked the output of video to the Master Out Screen in the middle of the VDJ skin I use. Seems that there is something with the Denon piece that is causing this issue? I am going to try Uninstalling the Denon Assio Drivers and re-installing them? Fingers are crossed...

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 7:33 pm
UPDATE: I tried the uninstall/re-install of the drivers for Denon and the Lastest Firmware. Nothing has changed.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 8:24 pm
OK! I FIXED IT! It seems that at some point in the OPTIONS FIELD - VIDEO TAB, VIDEO VOLUME LINK was activated. Since I switched it to NO, the video screens act accordingly! They perform transitions and effects as they should. I guess I just messed with enough things on the options screen and found something that worked? LOL! Thanks for trying to help me out though, wickedmix! Much appreciated!

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 5:35 am
karvizuPRO InfinityMember since 2011
djhalfdead ! Thank you. That fixed me as well !

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 11:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)