Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Program apparently clashes with video cards? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJ wrote :
All combinations worked. If they aren't working for you then there must be something particular about your setup that is causing difficulty.

Unfortunately I don't have anything as low as a GeForce Go 7600 to test on - the Go 7600 is an extremely low end card. It's passmark score is just 130. I'll have a dig around and see if I can find anything of a similar generation to test with.

Well, thanks for taking an interest Scott. I hope you can help me, as I have run out of ideas. I don't doubt what you say (regarding the card), although it's not actually a "card" of course, being built into the laptop motherboard. I'm sure there are better specs out there now, but this laptop was the 'baddest' thing available, when I bought it. I've never found it lacking in performance.

Also, bear in mind that the other two computers with the "6800" NVIDIA cards, are showing the exact same symptoms. And once again, these are probably not even in production any longer... however when I bought them, they certainly were not 'low end' cards. Further... all those machines can handle V7 with ease.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 9:24 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK, the oldest AMD machine I could find was a Phenom X6 and the oldest nVidia card was a 9800GT. That worked fine. I also tested a Core 2/nVidia 8800GTX and that was fine too.

To be honest I think it's going to need a remote support session from someone to see what is happening with your machines!

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 11:03 am
I'm game... Whatever it takes.

Is that something that you can arrange? I suppose you read my correspondence with support? They say it's hopeless, so... I don't know where else to turn at this point.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 12:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Let me know what the best times are - feel free to PM me - and we'll arrange something.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 2:30 pm
Will do,

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 2:43 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am having the same problem with my brand new laptop what I just bought.
Specs:
Acer Nitro Vn7-571G-68TC Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7 GHz Dual Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 4 Gt GDDR3
Memory: 8 Gt (1 x 8 Gt) DDR3 1600 MHz
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Vestax VCI-400 Controller

By default, VDJ 8 used Intel HD Graphics. Video is playing and sounding smooth but as soon as I scratch, there is problems with sound and video.
I was able to set VDJ 8 to use Nvidia Geforce GTX 850M card from nvidia control panel -> 3d settings. With Nvidia card set on VDJ, video is smooth but sound is crackling. If I backspin fast enough, sound is dropped of completely.
Nothing seem to help it :(

What I have tested so far:
- vci-400 asio with different latency (ultra safe 2048ms etc, no difference)
. Remove all blotware programs came with the acer
. run VirtualDJ pc Optimizer
-follow all the insturctions over there: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

It seems that this laptop is the biggest mistake I ever bought (700 euros). My last two previous laptops used Nvidia card never without problem. Thought that GTX would have a lot of horsepower but it isnt. I could use Intel Graphics only but the whole point of laptop was to have decent graphic card.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 4:28 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Never mind! After 2 days of battling with this, I resolved the problem. I opened the nivida control panel -> manage 3d setting and set everything to either "not in use" or "best performance". Voila! Now all goes smoothly. Funny that no-one ever mentioned to tweak the nvidia 3d settings.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 5:05 pm
Thanks for that info jakko, I have a few small video glitches here and there that this might help.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 8:18 am
Guys, for the record, I have confirmed that this is a VDJ8 vs. AMD+NVIDIA issue.

I installed a Radion in the Athlon machine, and presto... no more problem. However, since it was the laptop that I actually needed to pair it with, I'm no better off.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 10:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)