Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vestax vci-400, Kinect issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, hope someone out there can help. I've been running vdj for a number of years now with a vci-400 controller. I'm happy with 7.4 as it does everything I want. Recently I bought a Kinect (plus usb connection kit) and Visikord software to spice up my visuals. Vdj and Visikord both run great individually, however when I try to run them at the same time, the second software started does not think it's connected to it's controller. If I start Visikord first Vdj does not think the vci-400 (sound card) is connected, if I start Vdj first Visikord does not think the Kinect is connected. I've contacted Visikord, they can't help. I've also spent hours with Microsoft tech desk and even xbox help. They haven't been able to resolve the problem. I've got the correct Kinect drivers for my operating system (Windows 7), my vci-400 drivers I'm not aware of any after the ones I have. I've checked devices in control panel and everything seems ok, I've ran usb fix-it and it doesn't think there are any problems. I've also tried every usb port combination - they still don't work simultaneously. It would be great if someone could come up with a solution or even explain to me why it won't work. I realise this isn't a vdj issue (at least I don't think it is) but I'm grasping at straws here. Thanks

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 12:02 pm
Sorry, I forgot to add that I'm running an Asus x53s with an i7 processor, 4gb ram and NVidia gforce 520m 1gb card.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 12:18 pm
I guess this is because each app is grabbing all connected USB devices, so when the second app starts, the first app has taken all the devices.

In VDJ you can set config / mapping to ignore certain devices - so if you tell VDJ to ignore the Kinect, hopefully Visikord will see it.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 12:21 pm
I'll give that a go this weekend. Thanks

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 7:26 am
I couldn't find the Kinect anywhere in vdj, but finally got it to work by disabling the Kinect audio driver in device manager. Happy days!

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 5:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)