Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [Solved] Pioneer DJM 850 (Mapper not showing up) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok so I got this mixer and I gotta say I love it, still don't think any Pioneer sounds as good as my Ecler but anyways,

I've downloaded this file, http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16077/Pioneer_DJM-850_(1-2-3-4).html

Yet when I open VDJ 8 it's not showing up?? I've also downloaded the other file created by Black Matrixx and his works just fine but it not a full file like ACW's (color knobs are not in the device file).

So could someone please take a look at ACW's (the link I posted) and see why it doesn't show up??

Thanks for looking as it's most appreciated!! 🙏

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 11:47 am
The more I think about the more I think there's a problem with ACW's header so when I get home tonight I'm gonna switch headers and see what happens..........

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 12:50 pm
Well it worked so that proves something is wrong with the header...............Thanks for looking though.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 5:25 pm
Take it all back, things are still all messed up. Bright side is, everything is working with SDJ now..............

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 7:59 pm
Well I've pmed ACW and no answer yet an it would seem as if no one here is gonna help or can help?? Maybe you don't have access to one??

Either way if something is gonna be in the download center it should be tested and if it doesn't work take it down.........

This is clearly not working 👎

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 9:36 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi,

All DJMs mapping were done for VirtualDJ 7 version, I would update it to work in VirtualDJ 8 now. Is just something version 8 work a bit different, but I would do it now.

Would let you know in a few minutes

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 11:02 am
Thank you sir!! 🙏

I really didn't wanna have to send this mixer back.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 11:11 am

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 11:53 am
Awesome!!

I'll be home in a few hours and I'll let you know how it goes 👍

Thanks a million!!

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 12:10 pm
Something still isn't right. All of the controls come up as "0-Slider18, 0-jog18, 0-encoder18"

Basically VDJ8 is not reading the mapper that goes with it.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 5:51 pm
Well maybe someone from the team can reach out to him again cause his mapping still doesn't work.

I refuse to let this go 💪 I need this to work.

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 8:31 am
Hi,

DJM-850 shouldn't be as a SIMPLE MIDI device. It should look as a DJM-850 on your mappers. You may need to check the PID of this DJM-850. Are you using a MAC OS or WIndows?

I suggest you to delete or move any related mapper from MAPPER and DEVICES folder and download the mapper again

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 9:37 am
It's the same on both Mac and PC. Will do if I can't get it to work I'll just start from scratch and do it myself.

Thanks for the time 👌

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 10:15 am
Let's try a remote assistance. I send you a PM to continue.

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 12:14 pm
I don't think its possible cause were on the other side of the world and our schedules don't match.

Eitherway both the mapping folder and device folder are empty and I downloaded again and it still comes up as a simple midi wrapper. The problem is not on my end, both vid and pid are right in the definition file as Ive check on both the mac and PC.

And again this mapping, http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/14604/Pioneer_DJM-850.html works perfectly!!

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 6:40 pm
I have checked vid/pid numbers on both machines and they are correct. I have checked the audio/midi window on the Mac and the DJM 850 shows as it's supposed. I have checked the driver name and it is correct on both my Mac and PC.

Now if this was only happening on 1 machine I'd say it's my fault but the SAME problem on 2 different machines on 2 different OS's is telling me there's something wrong with the files.

Is there anybody else who has this mixer that is willing to test this out?? There's no way that it's only my 2 laptops that this is happening to.

Anybody??? 😭💦💦

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 7:46 pm
I just find the error, but I am updating the mapper at this moment. It would work now, I just test it and find the syntax error on a COMMENT I have inside.

I would let you know

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 9:35 am

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 11:55 am
Awesome 🙏

I'll download and test tonight then get back in touch with you 👍

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 12:26 pm
Still not working.......... Shows up as a simple midi device.

I don't even know what to do right now. Both the device and mapper files have the name "Data"?? What is going on with this stuff??? 😡

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 5:56 pm
80%