Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: License Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm buying a 2nd license for vdj8 infinity and loading onto an employee's laptop. If they decide to leave the company, can I simply change the password to "deactivate" the 2nd license? How is this handled?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 11:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Would be a possible solution yes.
If you change the password, and they try to open VDJ with the laptop connected to the internet. They will be asked to login again.
But since they don't know the passwort, VDJ will be a Home version.

But if the laptop never connects to the internet again... well... not good.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 5:56 am
But cant they just log into vdj online and simply change the password?

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 5:28 pm
The person who buys the license is supposed to be the one who'll be using the software. If the employee needs VDJ then the employee should pay for it and be the registered license holder. The VDJ EULA doesn't really cater for mass licensing (companies etc).

OTOH the way the VDJ license works, the employee doesn't necessarily need to know the password at all. Obviously they will be able to see the user name, but unless you give out the password (which you shouldn't, as you're the license holder) they won't be able to copy it onto another computer or log in here.

Once you've logged in and the license file is on the hard drive, the employee will be able to use VDJ 8 without needing to log in (or a net connection).

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 5:38 pm
berto62PRO InfinityMember since 2012
ho acquistato una nuova consolle . come posso sostituirla con la vecchia sulla licenza ?????

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 2:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 6:13 pm
hello bought 2 license and I bought a VMS4.1 and with the Virtual DJ LE and it had the license. My question is I sold the VMS4.1 and the Virtual DJ LE disc. but I have the license. How can I have it an open license so the guy that bought it can have it under his name or account? please let me know ASAP.
thanks

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 8:46 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is not possible.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 4:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)