Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cannot take control with MIDI Controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nav143Home userMember since 2015
whenevr a plug my controller in, it lights up, but not the normal way where all the lights flash, only some of them do, and they stay lit. anyway i go to CONFIG and in audio i select External mixer, i dont know whether i should do that, but i do, then i select two soundcards and set both to control main. anyway then when i go to use it, only the audio comes out, but i cant use my deck, it doesnt even recognise that i have put a track on on the deck (usually the play button would light up) please help i have a gig on wednesday and i need a solution fast. it only happened after i switched to VDJ8. i have an Audioline ALC pack MIDI Controller (DMIX4SP). Please i need a solution FAST! :)

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 12:04 am
nav143Home userMember since 2015
it works fine on my home computer, but not on my Laptops

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 12:32 am
The DMIX4SP is not a controller. It's a mixer.

From what little I can find online (small images) I can see it has a USB socket - but what that's for I have no idea.

If it's an internal audio interface, how you'd set up the VDJ sound config would vary depending on how many channels the interface has available and how they're routed inside the mixer.

When you say you can't use your deck, what deck are you talking about? The onscreen one (VDJ interface)?

Oh, hang on a sec! You mention ALCpack - that's not a DMIX4SP. That's a MIDI controller, a pair of speakers and headphones.

With that, you don't set up "external mixer". The usual audio config for that type of controller is master/headphones.

The ALCpack is not listed as a supported controller. What name is it listed under in VDJs mapping area?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 3:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)