Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audacity causes sound drop and or stutters?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello, I have recently installed Audacity, both VDJ and Audacity work well, all is normal. For some reason, when I play music, the sound drops about every minute or so. it does this on iTunes as well, like a hiccup or stutter. I check all my setting and my laptop is optimized with VDJ recommendations. I tried to trouble shoot, and couldn't find a solution. I even deleted Audacity and the problem persists.

Can any give me some suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks.

VDJ Beta 2156
Windows 7
Dell XPS i7-2670
12 megs of Ram
1,5 t HD

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 8:38 pm
Audacity uses the Lame Encoder, as does Virtual DJ - maybe it replaced the version you got with Virtual DJ.

Re-install Virtual DJ - as playlists, settings etc are stored in My Documents generally, you shouldn't lose anything

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 4:06 pm
@ Donny, I have re installed VDJ, but the problem persists. I have tried with Serato and iTunes, and there problem is still there. So I believe its with my computer. I have even tried without power (just on my battery), I also tried by removing the battery, and the bug is still there. I would really appreciate any help or advise that you can offer me.

Thx in advance!

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 3:20 pm
try and update the PC drivers and or do a roll back to when you didn't have the problem

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 3:40 pm
DalainPRO InfinityMember since 2014
If you use an external ASIO sound card, try to increase buffer size.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 3:55 pm
I recently updated my drivers. That may be the cause. I'll give it a try. TY!

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 4:08 pm
I found the problem. It was my antivirus McAfee, was for some reason, was working continuously. Once I removed it, all was fine. I should have known better and check my antivirus. Big thanks to all, for your assistance :)

Posted Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 9:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)