Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Serious Visuals Bug - NS7II Freezes Unresponsive

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Running VDJ8 2139.937 On Windows 7 64-bit - Quad Core - 8GB (HP-HDX 18) It's a POWERHORSE!

Didn't really notice any problems until I upgraded to this version

I'm running Tellymedia Visuals on "audio only" files. Mind you, this also happens with other visuals like camera. Doesn't seem to happen with text.

Problem: NS7II Controller becomes unresponsive. Sometimes the audio will continue to play, but midi will not work. Strange part is that my platters can be controlled by the PC, but not on the controller itself. VDJ will continue to work without control via NS7II. If I unplug the controller's USB and Plug it back it, all controls are responsive again.

I can duplicate this every time via the following:
Load MP4 Via Deck 1, and hit play. Load MP4 Via deck 2 and hit play. Stop Video on deck 2 and load audio only song. As soon as you hit play, the controller becomes unresponsive.

It seems to only happens when VISUALS are activated Via "Vidio Audio Only Visualization".
I can not seem to replicate problem if the auto plugin is not activated.

This may not be a controller issue and might actually be a VDJ Visual problem.

Can anyone else duplicate?

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 5:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you reproduce the above if the VGA/HDMI is not connected and the Master Video Output is a small window on your primary screen ?

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 7:52 am
I'll Try asap. The video was on the main monitor in a window... but VGA was connected. I'll let you know.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 3:27 pm
Yes, was immediately able to reproduce in both instances.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 3:37 pm
So you can reproduce that with Slideshow and small-sized images ?
(Try to select the Slideshow as Visualization and select a folder with small sized images)

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:13 pm
Yes, just tried. Able to recreate on all visuals. Slide show actually crashed the program..... as apposed to just stopping the responsiveness from controller.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 10:10 am
cant reproduce any of your crashes/issues. Are you sure you re using just the default (native) plugins and not some older ver 7 ones ?

Btw, can you try with the latest beta build (instead of the public) and the default 4 decks skin ? .. just in case something is fixed already.
Also please try to delete (backup if you wish to keep it) the settings.xml file from /VirtualDJ folder

thanks

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 8:38 pm
Hmmm, very strange. I did as you asked and no change... Went back to 2156 (Last known working version), same problem. I uninstalled and re-installed latest public, but kept my settings file. Can Not reproduce anymore.

I'm beside myself. I'll check back if it comes back.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 1:48 am
Oh gawd... Figures. Tested it all day and no probs. Now, VDJ Just crashed. As of now, Do not no how to recreate :-(

Windows Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: virtualdj8.exe, version: 8.0.2156.0, time stamp: 0x54e3486c
Faulting module name: TellyMediaV.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54b26a42
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x13397469
Faulting process id: 0xfc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d04bf78f9924ad
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ\virtualdj8.exe
Faulting module path: TellyMediaV.dll
Report Id: 2208e9eb-b7f4-11e4-834f-020854076162

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 11:07 pm
Update: Not sure what has changed since last update, but disconnects haven't happened thus far...
Version... 2157.945
Kind of nervous to update to next version. Should I?

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 3:40 pm
Build 2156
-Fix midi reconnection issue that could cause controller leds to stop working

Could be the reason of your fix

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 12:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)