Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crossfader problems on vdj8 and Numark NS7 II

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am having a lot of trouble trying to get my crossfader to work as it should in vdj8. The video here below shows when i push the crossfader to the extreme right to close channel 1, it bounces back on its own on virtual dj and ends up opening that channel slightly, yet on the crossfader on the controller has closed that channel.

This is quite funny as I am not experiencing this when I close channel 2 by moving the crossfader to the left. It behaves correctly and doesnt bounce back on virtual dj. The issue appears to be only when I move the crossfader to the right.

What could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxke4n177oA&feature=youtu.be

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 8:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Get some contact spray into XF, I take it you are unaware that XFaders are consumable items?

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 9:16 am
Honestly I was unaware. You mean open up the controller and clean the crossfader with the contact cleaner?

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 10:14 am
Probably, crossfaders do break and it shouldn't be too difficult to get in to give it a blast. Sometimes contact cleaner will sort it, sometimes a replacement XF is needed.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 12:39 pm
Seems to have worked! Thanks a lot!

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 12:18 pm
No problem, the technical name for the problem is "fader bleed" at some point you'll have to replace the Xfader.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 1:58 pm
crossfader needs to be tweak so i can have the vinyl sound or once again i have bought virtual dj and ya'll keep leaving out the the obvious stuff.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 9:15 pm
I've not a clue what you are on about, so it's not that obvious.

Posted Fri 22 May 15 @ 1:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)