Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ controller option and mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just have a simple question that I cant really find a clear answer to. If you get the VDJ Controller option, does this mean all functions of the controller will work on VDJ8? I've seen lots of mapping issues. the controller in question Hercules DJ Console MK4 and the Numark Mixdeck Quad (as this comes with Seratto and I do not like that program at all) thanks greatly

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 10:35 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you don't like the mapper, you can just install a custom mapper.
It's possible with a contoller licence, but not possible with a bundled LE licence.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 3:43 am
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
If you get the VDJ Controller option, does this mean all functions of the controller will work on VDJ8?

Yes.
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
I've seen lots of mapping issues.

There are no mapping issues. Users usually want to change the pre-defined behavior of their controllers, and that's what you see on the forums. Not real issues with mappers.
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
the controller in question Hercules DJ Console MK4 and the Numark Mixdeck Quad (as this comes with Seratto and I do not like that program at all) thanks greatly

Keep in mind that for two different controllers you will need two different PLUS licenses. Therefore you may want to consider purchasing a PRO Infinity license instead that has no limits ;)

Posted Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 12:46 pm
What I'm mainly looking at is the numark mixdeck quad that I will use for a long long time and it comes with serato which I do not like at all and was wondering if this Controller woukd work fine with the DJ control option. That's pretty much what I looking for.

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 2:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)