Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VMS 4.1 Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone, I have searched these forums to find and answer to the issues I am having with my VMS 4.1. I am running it on a MBP with 8GB ram and a 300GB hard drive, so I know I have plenty of computer, so to speak to run VDJ.
I am running VDJ 8 and also VDJ 7.4.2 at times.

1) When I get ready to cue up a song on my right hand deck #2, please keep in mind I use this controller in Vinyl mode, I try to move the track forward to a certain spot of the song. However, when I do this it moves as if I have the jog wheel in CD mode.
I have checked the AA website and there is no answer as to why this is happening. This is a real pain when I am trying to set a loop.

2) On the right hand jog wheel the outer portion of it is set to pitch bend i.e. speed up or slow down the track, where as the top of the jog wheel is used as if it was vinyl. Well , when I go to try to use this it, this causes the track to jump around. Again, this starts be become
a real pain.

Does anyone or has anyone experienced this problem? I use this unit every weekend and would like to have this back to the way it was. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 4:29 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You are writing that the outer part is set du CD-mode.

So, you are still using this rubber jogwheel protection stuff that came with the VMS?

Because if not, the whole joghwell would be touch-sensitiv. The VMS jogs are not able to tell if you touch them on top or at the outer part.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 3:58 am
Yes that is correct the outer portion of the jogwheel is used to speed up and or slow down the song, as if you were using the pitch bend.
I do have the rubber jogwheel protection pieces on the VMS. I have contacted ADJ to see if they can help remedy the problem, and have not heard back yet.

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 8:40 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Using only the V7 native mapping or a custom one ?

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 1:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)